The Nursing training program incorporates an intensive 67-credit training program with clinical experiences, preparing graduates to provide direct care to clients with common, unmistakable health-care needs in many different organized health-care settings. Admission is extremely competitive and is dependent on successful completion of a pre-Nursing course. It is certified by ACEN, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Queensborough Community College’s training program in Nursing was founded in 1967. The training program of study is offered in both the spring and also fall semesters, with a night training program accessible in the fall.
Queensborough offers three dual/joint programs with Hunter/Bellevue School of Nursing, York College, and School of Professional Studies. Pupils may sign up for these programs while enrolled in their very first clinical course in Nursing, NU 101.
About The School
Queensborough Community College (QCC), is among seven community colleges within the City University of New York (CUNY) system, USA. It is situated in Bayside, Queens, New York and enrolls a lot more than 15,000 pupils. It was founded in 1959.
Queensborough’s 37-acre campus was developed on the site of the past Oakland Country Club golf course. It makes up ten primary structures used for instruction and also extracurricular activities.
Total estimated program cost is USD $19,430
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Applicants must be a matriculated student at QCC and attend nursing advisement sessions.
- Complete the following sequence with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
EN 101- English Composition I
BI-301 Anatomy and Physiology I
Pre-Clinical Credits 13
- If you fail a course you are ineligible to apply to the Nursing Program
- Courses in the above sequence may not be repeated.
- Students are permitted to increase their application GPA by submitting a grade achieved in a higher level course. This substitution is allowed for one Course as follows:Students must achieve a C or better in all Biological Science courses (BI-301, 302 and 311) and Math-119/336.
- Bio-302 for Bio-301
- Eng-102 for Eng-101
- PSYC-220 for PSYC-101
- BI-301 and BI-302 (Anatomy and Physiology I and II) must be taken at the same institution.
- Anatomy and Physiology (BI-301 and BI-302) whether taken at QCC or transferred in from another institution will not be accepted for consideration if taken more than six (6) years ago. Microbiology BI-311 must have been taken within the last five (5) years.
- Take the National League of Nursing Pre Admission RN exam – (RN PAX).
- All required remedial course work as determined by placement tests taken when entering QCC (reading, writing, mathematics, and/or speech) must be successfully completed. Remedial sequences for individual placement will be determined by academic advisors in the Basic Skills, Mathematics, and/or Speech department.
- Complete the Speech Placement Test. Speech evaluation is required of all entering QCC students. Speech 007 may be recommended.
- Applicants interested in the Evening Program must complete all the biological sciences (BI-301, 302, 311) before entering NU-101 and are encouraged to complete additional core requirements.
- Meet the following Essential Competencies: Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Critical Thinking, Motor Skills, Sensory Skills, Mobility, Good Moral Character
- Provide documentation in one of the following categories:
- S. Citizenship – a passport or birth certificate will suffice;
- Permanent Residency;
- International Student with F1 Status;
- Granted Asylum, Refugee Status, Temporary Protected Status, Withholding of Removal, Deferred Enforced Departure, or Deferred Action Status by the U.S. government.
Queensborough Community College
Address: 222-05 56th Ave, Bayside, NY 11364
Submit your review
Khadiza Khan says
I am interested in applying for the nursing program. I am currently a CityTech student. What is the total GPA requirement and what is the nursing entrance exam?