- If you wish to become a nurse, you likely have a caring and compassionate disposition, and you are not scared of hard work. The nursing pupils have a passion in the sciences and also possess the physical and also emotional strength to combat the day-to-day challenges within healthcare.
- They offer rich possibilities for personal and also professional development through courses in the humanities and also nursing. During the 2nd semester of the second year of study, you will sign up for the upper division nursing training program. Eligible pupils may be directly accepted to the nursing training program upon admissions to Queens University. As a nursing pupil, you will complete clinical courses in the areas of basic and also advanced medical-surgical nursing, maternity, pediatrics and also community health nursing.
- They offer three paths to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing: traditional; accelerated (ABSN) if you have already earned a different degree; and RN to BSN, if you have finished a diploma or Associate degree in nursing. Presently, their RN-BSN is not accepting students as they look to optimize the training program.
- The Presbyterian College of Nursing serves roughly 250 undergraduates in the BSN annually through a strong family of tracks built to prepare you for the career- or career advancement- in nursing that you desire to achieve. Each of their paths is uniquely built to serve the needs of pupils who have chosen a particular entrance or advancement track.
About the school
- The Queens University of Charlotte is a non-public, coeducational, large university situated in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Of America.
- The school has roughly 2,400 undergraduate and also graduate students via the College of Arts and Sciences, the Wayland Cato, Jr. School of Education, also the James Knight School of Communication, the McColl School of Business, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health, which features the Presbyterian College of Nursing.
- Founded in 1857, the school offers 39 undergraduate majors as well as 80 concentrations, and also 19 graduate programs.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students may apply to the upper division BSN major after completing the Queens undergraduate application and gaining full admission into the university.
- An application to the nursing major.
- A minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA on all previous course work and in prerequisites. QEN 101 and QEN 102 are not factored in prerequisite GPA calculation.
- Completion of all prerequisites with a grade of C- or higher (prior to enrollment).
- No more than two prerequisite courses may be in progress at the time of application submission. Proof of enrollment in outstanding prerequisite courses must be submitted with the application.
- Only one of the two courses in progress may be a science course.
- All prerequisites must be completed and the university must have received transcripts for these courses prior to the first day of nursing classes.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 45 semester hours completed toward the degree prior to application submission.
- QEN 101: Rhetoric and Composition (4)
- QEN 102: Rhetoric & Argument (4) (This course requirement is waived for students with a previous degree from an accredited institution).
- NUR 205: Nutrition (3)
- PSY 101: General Psychology (4)
- PSY 210: Developmental Psychology (4)
- BIO 120: Microbiology for Health Professions (with lab) (4)
- BIO 213: Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab) (4)
- BIO 214: Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with lab) (4)
- MAT 106: Introductory Statistics for Social Science (4)
- QLC 120-160: Institutions & Society (4)
Address: 1900 Selwyn Ave, Charlotte, NC 28207, USA
Submit your review