- The BSN training program is a four and a half year training program which prepares people who can practice professional nursing in various clinical settings, and also who are willing to continue their education via graduate studies.
- The upper division clinical studies component of the nursing training program is based on prerequisite courses at the lower division, which may be finished at the main campus of Prairie View A&M University or even transferred from a different certified college or university.
- A student aiming to declare pre-nursing as a major must be accepted into the school as outlined in the college catalog. Licensed nurses can go on with their education to achieve the BSN degree via the distance education training program.
About the school
- Prairie View A&M University, generally shortened PVAMU or PV, is a traditionally black university situated in Prairie View, Texas, USA.
- The University is an associate of the Texas A&M University System. In the year 2016, PVAMU celebrated its 140th year.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,900
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement (i.e., TASP/THEA or alternate examination) with minimum passing scores, or be exempt based on other university criterion (TAKS, SAT/ACT, Associate’s Degree or higher, etc.)
- Met the required 3.0 Cumulative GPA and Support Area GPA, simultaneously, on a 4.0 scale, and have not repeated more than two of the pre-requisite courses.
- Completed 60 prerequisite hours to be most competitive; (minimally completed 45 hrs).
- Requested official transcripts from ALL institutions attended (other than PVAMU). This is in addition to those sent to the university prior to admission.
- Passed the pre-nursing entrance examination with a score of 75 or higher on Reading, Grammar, Math, Anatomy & Physiology within two attempts. Additional students must take the Critical Thinking section of the HESI A2. Students taking the HESI A2 Exam at locations other than Prairie View and Prometrics, must request Exam results forwarded by Elsevier to the Office of Pre-Nursing Advising (fythomas @pvamu.edu) to meet the testing requirement.
- Paid the $60.00 Nursing Fee online and retain a copy of the receipt.
- Completed and submitted online an Upper Division Clinical Application, Nursing Fee receipt, a Faculty Recommendation Form, and a Community Service Verification Form; HESI Test Scores, and any current transcripts from other institutions to the College of Nursing by deadlines March 1 (fall) and September 1 (spring).
Address: 100 University Dr, Prairie View, TX 77446, USA
Submit your review