The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Pitt Community College provides knowledge, competencies, and techniques to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving ecosystem, and to fulfill personal needs which impact quality of life, health, and also achievement of potential.
Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, along with the holistic individual. Content highlights the nurse as an associate of the inter-disciplinary team providing safe, individualized care while implementing evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics.
Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurse (NCLEX-RN). Job possibilities are huge within the worldwide health-care system and may include roles within acute, industrial, chronic, extended, and community health-care amenities.
About The School
Pitt Community College, typically referred to as PCC, is a two (2) year accredited institution of higher education and technical training school situated in Winterville, North Carolina,Pitt County, United States.
The institution is part of the North Carolina Community College System, a state-supported body of 58 schools all through North Carolina, USA. The school has an enrollment of more than 9,000 undergraduate pupils with an overall of 11,771 pupils enlisted in the Curriculum Training program.
Pitt Community College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to honor Associate’s Degrees. Pitt Community College was acquired and also selected by the North Carolina State Board of Education as an industrial education center in March, in the year 1961.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an application for admission to Pitt Community College.
- Submit official transcript from high school or high school equivalency diploma. Applicants with a bachelors degree are exempt.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Take any required placement tests.
- Complete new student orientation (required for new freshmen attending college for the first time). Visit pittcc.edu to review these steps in.
- Must be a high school senior or graduate or hold high school equivalency diploma (Individuals younger than 18 may apply. However, the minimum age required to enroll in NUR courses is 18.)
- Must have a 2.5 GPA in general education and recommended courses for the program
- Must have CPR Healthcare Provider Certification by the American Heart Association (submit byJuly 1)
- Successful completion of online Health Sciences Orientation or HSC 110 with a C or better.
Minimum Prerequisites (must be completed or in progress at time program application is submitted):
- BIO 168 with a C or better
- BIO 169 with a C or better
- High school chemistry or one semester of college chemistry with a lab with a C or better
Pitt Community College
Address: 1986 Pitt Tech Rd, Winterville, NC 28590, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply