Pima Medical Institute is an independently owned private allied health institution located in Tucson, Arizona. It was founded in 1972 with the intention of offering excellent medical career education; the student to faculty ratio at Pima Medical Institute is about 25 to one. The institute is devoted to student success, and it offers a balanced education that centers on both abstract education and real-life training. Pima Medical Institute offers bachelor’s and associate degrees as well as certificate programs in a range of areas, including massage therapy, dental hygiene, health care administration, radiography, veterinary assistant, mortuary science, diagnostic medical sonography, and nursing.
Pima Medical Institute’s Associate degree program in nursing is devoted to helping students be successful in the development of professional abilities and character traits that are needed to become competent registered nurses. After the successful completion of the Associate degree program in nursing, students are equipped and ready to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) examination. The program is a traditional classroom-based program offered at campuses in Arizona and New Mexico and takes 96 weeks to complete. Besides classroom courses, students are required to complete six clinical experiences. Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools accredits and its nursing program has provisional approval as an LPN and RN, program.
Total program cost is $43,965
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
- Potential students should have a high school diploma or recognized GED equivalent. A high school transcript or evidence of satisfactory completion of GED testing will be requested of applicants prior to starting class.
- Applicants under legal age must have written approval of a parent or legal guardian. Students who are of compulsory school age may not enroll unless they have a high school diploma.
- All applicants must take an entrance exam and pass with a minimum score. This requirement may be waived for applicants, except in California, with official academic transcripts or certificate showing proof of completion of an associate degree or higher. All medical degree and certificate applicants must be interviewed prior to acceptance.
- Although it is not required as part of the admission requirements, students may request that their ACT score be sent to Pima Medical Institute.
- Late enrollments can be accepted (except in California), but only upon approval of the campus director.
- To learn more and for specific admissions requirements by program, set a time to meet with a medical career specialist at the campus near you.
Pima Medical Institute-Mesa Campus
941 S. Dobson Road
Mesa, Arizona 85202
480-644-0267, ext. 6230
Submit your review