The nursing training program at Pikes Peak Community College prepares its nursing pupils with the competencies, technical skills, as well as the knowledge needed to find a fulfilling career. Graduates have a reputation of being caring, competent as well as effectual nurse practitioners, who are tremendously sought after in today’s health-care sector. Upon being admitted into the Nursing Training program you will learn a vast set of nursing competencies that relate to all areas of the nursing field including:
- provide caring intervention, a safe excellent evidenced-based patient centred (holistic) as well as compassionate care in a variety of health-care functions.
- depict critical thinking when analysing patient files as well as consider excellent improvement in health-illness and also healthcare delivery units.
- Build collaborative relationships with the interdisciplinary group to render and also boost holistic care as well as patient outcomes.
- Build teaching/learning competencies to deliver to diverse populations across their lifespan.
- Provide nursing care that coordinates, organizes, prioritizes as well as transforms care using the nursing practice in some health care functions.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Pikes Peak Community College in Colorado Springs was established in 1968 in the United States. It is the largest institution of higher education in the Pikes Peak district. PPCC offers over one hundred and fifty programs in liberal arts as well as sciences and also career technical education.
The college’s 60+60 Bachelor’s Degree Transfer Training program assures transfer of the PPCC Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees to any public institution of higher education in Colorado. Pupils obtain 2 years of study at PPCC, then transfer as a junior to the 4 year College or university of their preference. In addition to transfer programs, the college provides a wide number of degrees and certificates in High Tech, Business, and Allied Health and Career Tech areas.
Pikes Peak Community College has 3 full-service campuses, 3 military satellite locations, and a comprehensive distance education training program. The biggest campus, the Centennial Campus, is situated in southern Colorado Springs close to the Fort Carson Army post. The Downtown Studio Campus is situated in the centre of downtown Colorado Springs, the Rampart Range Campus is situated at the north end of the city, as well as the newest campus is situated east of the city in the city of Falcon.
While pupils may learn General Education (CORE) courses at all 4 campuses, certain programs are site distinct. Centennial Campus is the biggest, and thus offers all academic disciplines and also various careers and technical programs such as an emergency medical services (EMS) training with a state-of-the-art EMS simulation (SIM) Lab
Total program cost is USD $16,300
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Fill out Pikes Peak Community College Admission Form in the Admissions office at one of the three campuses, or at /prospective-students/application/.
- Complete, with a C or better, the following prerequisite courses. The 4 courses should have a minimum combined GPA of 2.5. ALL PREREQUISITES must be completed before applying. Applications with prerequisite coursework still in progress will not be considered: ENG 121 English Composition I (3 Credits), PSY 235 Human Growth and Development (3 Credits), BIO 201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 Credits), BIO 204 Microbiology (4 Credits).
- All Biology (BIO) prerequisites must be completed within seven (7) years of entry into CCCS Nursing Programs.
- Students are dismissed and ineligible for re-entry into the program for a period of at least five years under these conditions: Any student who has received a “D” or “F” in any two of the following courses: MAT 103, BIO 202, BIO 216, Any NUR Course
- Complete the Certified Nursing Assistant (NUA) coursework within the CCCS System, OR have an Active Colorado CNA certificate.
- Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
Pikes Peak Community College
Address: 5675 S Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Submit your review
Leave a Reply