The Associate of Applied Science degree in Nursing at Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) grooms graduates to be contributing associates of the healthcare team, providing direct patient care as starting practitioners of certified nursing in structured-care functions for example hospitals, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, clinics, and schools.
Graduates will be qualified to sit and take the NCLEX-RN Examination essential for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). The Piedmont Virginia Community College nursing training program leads to an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Nursing. The training program grooms graduates to carry out bedside nursing care mainly in an acute care or long-term care environment.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) is an open access community college offering two (2) year associate’s degrees, one (2) year certificates, continuing education and workforce training.
The campus is situated in Albemarle County, Virginia, south of Charlottesville, United States. Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) was chartered in the year 1972.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,990
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Demonstrated competency in reading and writing (eligible to enroll in ENG 111)
- Successful completion of developmental English courses (ENG 1, 3, 4, 5 or ENF 1, 2, 3) OR
- COMPASS placement score showing proficiency in this content by placement into ENG 111 OR (within last 8 years)
- Virginia Placement* score showing proficiency in this content by placement into
- ENG 111 (within last 2 years) OR
- Completion of an acceptable college- level composition course with a grade of “C” or better OR
- SAT verbal and writing score of 500 or PSAT of 52 (within last 2 years)
- ACT score of 18 (within last 2 years)
- Demonstrated competency in Algebra
- Successful completion of developmental math courses (MTH 2, BSK 6, 8, and 9 OR MTE 1-5) (within last 8 years) OR
- COMPASS Algebra score of at least 40 (within last 8 years) OR
- Virginia Placement* math score showing proficiency in MTE 1-5 (within last 2 years) OR
- Completion of an acceptable college- level Algebra course (within last 8 years) with a grade of “C” or better (Technical math or statistics courses will not satisfy requirement. Official transcript required.) OR
- SAT quantitative score of 520 or PSAT of 52 (within last 2 years) OR
- ACT score of 22 (within the last 2 years)
- Demonstrated competency in science
- Completion of 1 semester general college biology with a grade of “C” or better OR
- Completion of 1 semester general college chemistry with a grade of “C” or better OR
- Completion of NAS 2– Foundations of Life Science with a grade of “P” OR
- Completion of NAS 2 challenge exam with a 70% or better (BIO 141, BIO 142 and BIO 150 will not meet the above prerequisite.)
- Curricular GPA of 2.8 or above
The curricular GPA is the grade point average of all the general education courses (non- NUR courses) listed on the AAS of Nursing curriculum sheet that the student has completed by the application deadline. This would include ENG 111/112, BIO 141/142, BIO 150, SDV 100/101/108, SOC 200, PSY 230, ITE 119 and humanities elective.
- Science GPA of 2.0 or above
The science GPA is the grade point average in the following courses that the student has completed by the application deadline: BIO 141, BIO 142, and BIO 150.
- Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam- A minimum percentile score of 45% is required.
- Nursing Interest Essay- Written essay of 300 words to evaluate written communication skills.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFLiBT)
Completion of the TOEFL iBT with a standard score of 84 or above and a minimum speaking score of 26 is required for ALL non native English speakers. Completion of ENG 111 does not satisfy this requirement.
LPN-AND BRIDGE ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Virginia.
- At least two years of recent work experience as an LPN (Graduates of PVCC LPN program must have one year of work experience.) A letter from your employer documenting your years of employment (including average number of hours per week worked) as an LPN is required
Piedmont Virginia Community College
Address: 501 College Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Submit your review