The ADN training program in Piedmont Technical College- Greenwood campus provides the pupils with knowledge, competencies and also attitudes required to implement the nursing process to persons and also families across the life duration.
Upon satisfactory completion of the designated programs, pupils will be prepared to take the licensure examinations. They will be prepared to react to the transforming health-care demands in many different functions within the scope of nursing practice.
Completion of the ADN training program requires five semesters once accepted to start clinical nursing courses. 32 pupils are accepted to start clinical courses each and every fall and spring terms.
Graduates of the ADN training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The Associate Degree in Nursing graduate is competent to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN). The Associate Degree Nursing training program is endorsed by the Board of Nursing for SC as well as being certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Piedmont Technical College is an extensive two (2) year community college that serves 7 counties in the Lakelands region of South Carolina, USA.
The 75-acre Lex Walters Campus-Greenwood is situated on Emerald Road on the outskirts of Greenwood, South Carolina, USA. A contemporary, functionally designed complex of structures embraces 390,337 gross square feet. These structures contain classrooms; a media center; laboratories for medical, technology and business programs; industrial shops; an undergraduate center; a conference center; library; and also faculty and administrative offices.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,176
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students applying for the Nursing program will be enrolled in the Nursing Care Certificate until prerequisite and general education coursework is complete. Once the necessary requirements have been completed, students may apply for admission into the clinical phase of the program.
- Completion, with a grade awarded, of the following courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 210)
- English Composition I (ENG 101)
- Probability and Statistics (MAT 120)
- General Psychology (PSY 201)
- Minimum program ready GPA, in the 4 program ready courses must average 2.5.
- A score of 65% in both the math and reading sections of the TEAS V (formerly called HOBET V). Scores are valid for 4 years.
- It is highly recommended that students complete the additional General Education courses, Anatomy and Physiology II (BIO 211) and the humanities/fine arts elective, prior to program entry.
- Students that place into MAT 032, ENG 032, and/or RDG 032 or have to repeat BIO 112 should consider beginning with the Practical Nursing program for an increased chance of success
Piedmont Technical College- Greenwood Campus
Address: 620 N. Emerald Road Greenwood, SC 29646
Phone: (864) 941-8324
Submit your review