The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Piedmont Community College provides individuals with the skills and knowledge essential to provide nursing care to customers and also groups of customers all through the existence in various settings.
Courses will include content connected to the nurse’s position as a manager of care, as a provider of nursing care, as an associate of the discipline of nursing, and as an affiliate of the interdisciplinary team.
Graduates of this training program meet the requirements to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX), which is needed for practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Job opportunities include hospitals, physicians’ offices, long-term care facilities, clinics, industry, and also community organizations.
About The School
Piedmont Community College, one amongst 58 colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, USA, is a multi-campus institution situated 40 miles north of the Research Triangle Park and also 50 miles northeast of the Piedmont Triad, United States.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Successfully complete Admissions Placement Test with placement into ENG 111 and placement out of, or completion of DMA 010 through DMA 050 or submit official transcripts showing completion of ENG 111(Writing and Inquiry).
- Successfully complete one unit of chemistry and one unit of biology at or above the secondary school level with a grade of “C” or better within five years of the application date.
- Successful completion of the Kaplan Admissions Test.
- Submit a completed application to PCC by visiting piedmontcc.edu
- Official transcripts from high school and all other colleges sent to PCC by the application deadline of March 1.
- Have graduated or will graduate from high school or the equivalent, as recognized by the State of North Carolina, before entering the ADN program.
- Complete one unit of general Chemistry and one unit of general Biology at or above the secondary school level with a grade of “C” or better. High school biology, BIO 111 will meet the biology requirement. High school chemistry or CHM 131/131A or CHM 151 will meet the chemistry requirement. Equivalent courses may be taken at other accredited colleges.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher in required and prerequisite courses.
- Applicants are encouraged to complete required general education courses while awaiting admission to the nursing program.
- Any student who earns a “D” or “F” in a required course for the ADN program must repeat it prior to entering the nursing program and earn a grade of “C” or better.
- Students will be required to show proficiency in math, reading and writing by:
- Graduating from high school within 5 years of enrollment at the College with a 2.6 or greater un-weighted GPA and completion of 4 required high school math courses (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II, plus one of the following: Advanced Functions and Modeling, Analytical Geometry, Calculus, AP Statistics, Discrete Mathematics, Integrated Mathematics IV, Mindset, Pre-Calculus, Probability & Statistics, or Trigonometry,
- Demonstrating reading, writing, and math proficiency on the SAT (500 on Reading OR Writing and 500 on Math)or ACT (18 on English OR 22 on Reading, and 22 on Math);
- Taking the State Board approved placement test for math, reading, writing, and scoring at College-level; or
- Providing evidence of previous attendance at an accredited college or university and has successfully completed college level courses in English and/or Math may be exempted from the admissions placement tests.
Piedmont Community College
Address: 1715 College Dr, Roxboro, NC 27573, USA
Submit your review