The college was formerly a part of the Phoenix Union High School and Junior College District and was known as Phoenix Junior College (PJC). Phoenix College became a part of the Maricopa County Community College District in 1960 and is now regarded as the leading campus of one of the largest community college systems in the world. Phoenix College has the main campus in Midtown Phoenix and downtown campus situated in the central business district of Phoenix.it is also known as the biggest provider of career training and higher education in Arizona.
Phoenix College offers Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program which can be completed in two years. The program is designed for those who desire to work in the healthcare profession. Given that Phoenix College is part of the Maricopa County Community College District, it is the Maricopa Nursing board that controls the activities of Phoenix College. The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program assist students in successfully passing the NCLEX-RN exam. Students need to take around 61 to 74 credits to complete the program successfully, and afterward they can sit for the NCLEX-RN exam to gain licensure as a Registered Nurse the Accrediting Commission for Education (ACEN) accredits the nursing Program and it is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Total Estimated Cost of the Program is $ 9,104
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- All potential applicants are urged to meet with an Advisor/Admission Officer each semester to obtain current information about changes in the admission requirements.
- Complete this Student Information Form at the college of first choice if you are a new student to the campus. The information is necessary for your transcript evaluation and registration for courses.
- High School graduation or GED is required for the Associate in Applied Science degree in nursing. To use a high school course for a college pre-requisite, a high school transcript is required; otherwise, the signature on the Declaration page will suffice.
- All official colleges/universities transcripts are sent to the Admissions Office at the college of the first choice. Please request that the institution includes a current name and student identification number.
- Submit a current Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. See an advisor/admission officer or www.maricopa.edu/nursing/pdfdocs/FingerprintingInformation.pdf for information in applying for the card. Allow up to 12 weeks to receive the card.
- Applicants must score at an 80% or higher in English Language Composite Score and 75% or higher in math within 24 months of application. Applicants may retest after remediation to improve the score after 60 days up to a maximum of 3 times per 12-month period. Information on test preparation, test fee, and the guidelines for taking the test are available at on the MaricopaNursing http://www.nursing.maricopa.edu/ website under Admission Requirements. The nursing director may deny acceptance of an application if an applicant violates the guidelines for taking the entrance exam. The HESI A2 Study Guide is available in select college bookstores and libraries. These materials will assist you in preparing for the exam by reviewing math and reading skills.
- Transfer applicants, paramedics, and LPNs wishing to apply for advanced placement into Block 2 or Block 3 must complete the Advanced Placement Information & Application Packet on the nursing program website under “Advanced Placement.”
- During the admission and registration process, all students are required to apply for a background check(see specifics for this background check at http://www.nursing.maricopa.edu/BackgroundCheckRequirements.php) to verify identity, social security number, and that their name/names do not appear on the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Also, students will be required to submit a urine drug screen sample at some point during the orientation/admission process. Faculty will instruct the students when this is due, and students are NOT permitted to provide a previous urine drug screen as it needs to be submitted with the school code. Students will receive specific instructions for completing the background check and urine drug screen during the registration process.
3700 N. 3rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013-4234
Submit your review