The Accelerated Associate of Applied Science with a major in Nursing training program (AAS)–is an exclusive training program being presented in fall 2016.
Created for academically-gifted pupils, this extensive training program will allow pupils to graduate in just fifteen months and meet the criteria for direct entrance into the RN-BSN program. (Admission is usually in fall and spring of each year).
About The School
The Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel was established in the year 1902 and chartered by the New York Board of Regents in the year 1904.
The school offers an AAS in Nursing, certified by ACEN, which may be fulfilled in as little as fifteen months. The school also offers an RN-BSN training program, certified by CCNE. An Advanced BSN training program will be offered, starting in summer, 2017.
Candidates with a past baccalaureate degree in a different discipline may enlist and finish the Advanced BSN training program in fifteen months. A strong Center for Continuing Education has courses readily available for CE credit along with professional development in nursing. Dr. Todd F. Ambrosia displaced Dr. Janet Mackin as Dean in the year 2015.
Total estimated program cost is USD $19,880
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed Application
- $50 non-refundable fee (money order payable to “Phillips School of Nursing at MSBI”)
- Two letters of reference (one academic and one professional) on official letterhead in a sealed envelope
- Official college transcripts with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 (on a scale of 0-4.0) or higher from all colleges previously attended. Grades of 83 (“B” or better) in the sciences required.
- Submission of a writing sample (term paper from an upper division course in your previous college major). If you graduated from college more than 10 years ago, contact the Admissions Office to obtain a list of alternative essay topics.
- International applicants must have all transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
- A personal interview may be conducted to clarify items in your admissions portfolio.
Required Pre-requisite Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (4 credits each with labs) taken in the last 5 years
- Chemistry (3-4 credits with lab) taken in the last 5 years
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Ethics (3 credits)
- Math for Medications (1-3 credits)
- Microbiology (4 credits, with lab) taken in the last 5 years
- Nutrition (3 credits) taken in the last 5 years
- Statistics – 3 credits
Philips School Of Nursing At Mount Sinai Beth Isreal
Address: 776 6th Ave, New York, NY 10001, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply