The training program readies graduates to assume beginning staff nurse roles in hospitals, nursing homes, as well as other health-related organizations. Upon successful completion of the major, the graduate is qualified to sit and take the registered nurse licensing examination (NCLEX-RN). With work experience and also continuing education, the graduate may build the capacity to assume obligation for administering or even directing the health-care of several patients/clients.
The training program provides the basis for a baccalaureate degree in nursing. Practical Nursing students/graduates get the chance to pursue study toward an advanced degree in nursing via Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse Advanced Placement.
The associate degree in Nursing is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and is endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
About The School
The Pennsylvania College of Technology, commonly known formally as Penn College, or normally as “Penn Tech” by locals, is a public college situated in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States, associated with The Pennsylvania State University.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- MATH AND SCIENCE COURSE CALCULATION (Approximately 60%) – Based on an expected average of 3.0; higher/lower calculations may increase/decrease percentage accordingly. Points to note:
- Priority will be given to students who have completed BIO 115, and either BIO 125 or a designated math course below with grades of “C” or
- GED credential or High School Diploma with four units of high school English, three units of social studies, two units of mathematics (one unit in Algebra), and two units of science with a related laboratory or the equivalent.
- One unit of high school chemistry with a lab earning a “C” or higher within the last 10 years or satisfy CHM 108 (recommended).
- CHM 100, or CHM 111 at the College level with an earned grade of “C” or higher. Students who do not meet these recommendations can work with a college adviser to prepare for the major.
- Priority will be given to students who have completed two or more courses below
- with grades of “C” or higher.
- ENL 111 – English Composition I
- PSY 111 – General Psychology
- ENL 121 – English Composition II
- PSY 203 – Developmental Psychology
- ENL 201 – Tech & Prof Communication
- CSC 124 – Information, Technology, and Society
- SPC 101 – Fundamentals of Speech
- SOC 111 –Introduction to Sociology
- SPC 201 – Interpersonal Communication
LPN-ADN ADVANCE PLACEMENT
- Remediation of any deficiencies in math, English and/or reading
- Copy of valid PA Practical Nursing license
- Minimum math/science GPA of 3.0 and minimum graduation GPA of 2.5 for entry into NUR 223.
- Math/science GPA calculation will be based on the following courses or equivalents: BIO 115, BIO 125, BIO 201, one CHM (highest grade from CHM 108 or CHM 100 or CHM 111) and one math (highest grade from MTH 124 or MTH 151, or MTH 153, or MTH 160, or MTH 180, or MTH 100A, or MTH 100B, or MTH 100C, or MTH 100D).
Pennsylvania College of Technology- Pennstate
Address: 1 College Ave, Williamsport, PA 17701
Submit your review