- The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing prepares students to become professional practitioners in areas of health promotion and also maintenance, illness care, as well as rehabilitation. After earning this degree in Nursing, pupils are qualified to take the registered nurse exam for licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- The Nursing major is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, as well as endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. For the BSN degree in Nursing, at least 120 credits are required.
- General Nursing Option (NURS): This option admits pupils directly to the major as first-year students and also at the time of admission only. Nursing students will start and also remain on the campus of admission all four years. Non-nursing students may not transfer or even change major into the 4-year nursing training program at University Park but will be considered via a competitive review process for admittance at the five other campuses offering the General Nursing training program.
- Clinical experiences occur at clinical facilities within a 50-mile radius of campus; University Park pupils will spend 1 to 2-years at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, which requires students to live at that location.
About the school
- The Pennsylvania State University is a land-grant and public research-intensive institution with campuses as well as facilities all over Pennsylvania, United States.
- Established in 1855, the university has a stated threefold objective of teaching, research, and also public service.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $29,950
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
They recommend that students submit a complete application, including all required materials, to Penn State by the priority application date of November 30. Completing your application by this date gives you the best chance of admission to your first choice campus and/or major.
- The first step of the application process is to create a MyPennState profile, if you do not have one already. MyPennState is where future students can access the online application.
- The application requires a nonrefundable application fee of $65 for domestic students and $75 for international students.
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official test scores: SAT (code #2660) or ACT (code #3656)
- The high school grade-point average (GPA) accounts for approximately two-thirds of the admission decision. The remaining one-third is based on other factors, including standardized test scores, class rank, the personal statement, and activities list. Class rank is also considered for students with honors or Advanced Placement courses whose schools do not supply a weighted GPA. The optional personal statement and activity list are sometimes considered for students whose applications require additional review. Penn State does not have a minimum GPA or standardized test score used for admission: They consider a combination of your GPA and standardized test scores, as well as the factors listed above.
- English- 4 units, including 1 unit each in composition and literature
- Social Studies/Art/Humanities – 3 units in any combination of social studies, arts, or humanities
- Science- 3 units
- Math- 3 units, in algebra and geometry
- World Language- 2 units*
Address: Old Main, State College, PA 16801, USA
Telephone: (814) 865-5471
Submit your review