The ADN training program at Pearl River Community College is built to build graduates for a challenging and fulfilling career as a registered nurse. The ADN training program starts each and every fall and spring semester on the Poplarville campus.
Once admitted into the ADN training program, the traditional training program of study is four semesters in length, or the LPN-ADN training program of study is one part-time semester with the remaining two semesters of the traditional training program of study.
A graduate of the ADN training program is awarded an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and is qualified to sit and write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse. Graduates of the ADN training program work in many different health-care settings. The ADN training program is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) as well as Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning (MS-IHL).
About The School
Pearl River Community College (PRCC) is a public community college in Poplarville, Mississippi, United States. It was established as Pearl River County Agricultural High School in the year 1909, then turned the very first junior college in Mississippi in the year 1921.
Pearl River County Agricultural High School was the result of the Mississippi Agricultural High School Law in the year 1908, which makes it the nation’s very first state-funded system of agricultural high schools.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the application for admission.
- If you never attended college, request an official transcript from your high school indicating Graduation date, GPA, Official signature and School seal.
- GED completers must indicate GED on the Application. If the GED was taken outside the state of MS, official scores should be sent directly from the out-of-state GED office.
- If you attended college, request an official transcript from every college you have ever attended. PRCC requires an official transcript from every college you have ever attended—no matter if you did not earn credit and no matter if it was a long time ago. Most college transcripts can be ordered directly from www.iwantmytranscript.com.
- ACT scores are required. To view test dates and register for the ACT, go to act.org. If the ACT has been taken previously, but scores not sent to PRCC, scores can be obtained at www.act.org.
- Submit a completed Criminal Background Check questionnaire.
- Submit a copy of your National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Exam-RN test scores.
Pearl River Community College
Address: 101 US-11, Poplarville, MS 39470
Submit your review