The Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) Registered Nursing (RN) training program normally accepts training program applications two times yearly – once during the fall semester and once during the spring semester. The training program will be taking up a new curriculum set to start in the fall 2018 semester. The change to the new agenda may adjust the common application cycle.
The Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) associate degree nursing training program has once more secured continuing national accreditation via the Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing (ACEN). This stretches the associate degree nursing training program accreditation to spring 2021.
Patrick Henry Community College graduated its very first associate degree nursing cohort in the year 1972 and also has obtained the esteemed national accreditation continuously since the year 1992.
About The School
Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) is a community college situated at 645 Patriot Avenue in unincorporated Henry County, Virginia, United States Of America, north of the City of Martinsville. It was established in the year 1962.
Classes were initially conducted in the old Northside Elementary School in Martinsville, Virginia before they were relocated to the current campus
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,770
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be accepted as a student to the college.
Please note: Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the Nursing Program
- Graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the GED.
- Complete the College Placement test, if no prior college course work in English & Math. If scores indicate, the applicant will be required to successfully complete developmental courses in English and/or math before submitting a nursing application. Developmental Math requirements include competency in Modules 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6
- Complete two units of high school science (college prep level biology & chemistry) with no grade below a “C.” Deficiencies can be made up through approved developmental or college level courses. Deficiencies must be completed before submitting a nursing application.
- A cumulative college grade point average of 2.5 or better in all related general education requirements completed before admission into the nursing program courses.
- After meeting the above criteria, submit an Application for Nursing Program form along with required paperwork, i.e. high school transcripts, college transcripts, etc. during the published application period.
- Pre-RN Admission Examination: The Health Education Systems, Inc. (HESI) test or equivalent is the final step in the admission process. Once you have met the above criteria and your application file has been approved, you will be scheduled for this timed test. Applicants must have satisfactory scores in reading comprehension, vocabulary, chemistry and mathematics. This score is based on a minimum percentile established by the VCCS. Top scores from each testing group are admitted to the nursing program.
Patrick Henry Community College
Address: 645 Patriot Ave, Martinsville, VA 24112
Submit your review