The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Nursing Offered at the Passaic Academic Center Training program consists of both General Education as well as nursing courses for those who have decided on careers as registered nurses (RNs). General Education courses from the sciences and also liberal arts improve students’ knowledge of clients. Graduates are ready for practice in hospitals and health-care organizations within the framework of the American Nurses Association’s Rules of Practice along with the New Jersey Nurse Practice Act.
Graduates obtain an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree and are qualified to apply and take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for registered nurse. Successful completion of this examination permits the graduate to sign up for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). The program is authorized by New Jersey Board of Nursing and also Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Passaic County Community College is a certified, co-educational, two (2) year, public, community college situated in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. The school’s primary campus is situated in Paterson.
The initial campus is the Paterson campus, which unveiled its entrances in 1971. The Wanaque Academic Center unveiled its entrances in 2000 and is presently being expanded. The Passaic campus is regarded as the most current addition.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,240
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Nurse Education Program at PCCC is a competitive program. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the program. Additionally, preference is given to county residents. Once admitted to the College, prospective Nursing students must contact the Nursing Department to begin the Nursing Admissions process. Applicants for admission to the Nurse Education Program must be high school graduates or have high school equivalency diplomas (GED). They also must meet admission criteria selected to ensure that accepted candidates have the potential to succeed in a rigorous academic program. Admission criteria are minimum standards and, in most cases, applicants accepted into the program exceed these requirements. The following requirements must be met prior to admission:
- Meet Passaic County Community College admission criteria.
- Achieve proficiency on the College Placement Test OR complete the required remediation with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Complete CH 103, Introduction to General and Organic Chemistry, with a grade of “C” or higher. If an applicant has not completed at least one high school laboratory science course within the past 5 years, it is recommended that they complete SC 004, General Science, with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Applicants selecting the evening option must complete CH 103, BS 103, BS 104, EN 101, EN 102, PS 101, and PS 102 prior to admission.
- Achieve a minimum passing score of 50% correct in each section of TEAS. A passing score is considered valid for admission to the Program within three years of successfully passing the test.
- A point system based on cumulative GPA and TEAS score is used to rank applicants and determine acceptance.
Passaic County Community College
Address: 1 College Blvd, Paterson, NJ 07505, USA
Phone: +1 973-684-6800
Submit your review
Leave a Reply