The purpose of Associate Degree Nursing program is to prepare candidates to offer direct nursing care to patients in hospitals and other similar health outfits and transit to a Florida state college or university.
This program is designed to be completed in two years, not including prerequisites. Courses are offered on the Campus in New Port Richey and East Campus in Dade City, Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch in Wesley Chapel. Clinical spots are sited all over Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, and Pinellas counties.
About The School
Pasco–Hernando State College (PHSC) is a state college established in 1967 by the Florida Legislature with campuses in Pasco and Hernando counties, Florida. It changed its name on January 21, 2014The from Pasco-Hernando Community College (PHCC).
This college is the latest four-year state college in Florida, and the campuses are located in New Port Richey, Brooksville, Dade City, Wesley Chapel and Spring Hill.
The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accredited it to award the associate degree.
The college also offers other certification courses in health care, computer science, and law enforcement. PHSC also offers two enrollment sessions for high school students. It opened its fifth campus to cater to central Pasco County in 2014. This new campus is named after the Porter family that provided the land for the college.
- Application Fee: $25
- Limited Access Application Fee: $25
- In-State Tuition: $7,428
- Out-of-State Tuition: $28,300
- Total Lab Fees: $422
- Textbooks: $2,209
- Miscellaneous Fees: $1,343
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed PHSC application and application fee
- Completed Associate Degree in Nursing/Generic Track application and limited access application fee
- Official high school transcript indicating graduation and receipt of standard high school diploma or an official transcript of GED scores indicating receipt of high school equivalency diploma
- Official transcript from each U.S. college and university attended other than PHSC
- Official scores from external agencies as appropriate for prerequisite courses (ex: AP, CLEP, IB, etc.)
- Submit one valid report from the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) test. The TEAS reports are valid for two years. The TEAS may be repeated for a total of three times per calendar year. However, there must be a minimum of 30 days between testing. Fourth and subsequent attempts will be invalid. To be eligible to apply to this program, a minimum of Proficient or higher in the ATI Academic Preparedness Category must be achieved on the TEAS
- The composite score from a valid TEAS report will be used as a component of the ranking process for admission
- Copy of current driver’s license. (P.O. boxes will not be used for residency preference in the selection process.) If a driver’s license or equivalent is not submitted as proof of residency, the application will be processed as a nonresident application.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher
- GPA of 2.5 or higher in the following prerequisite courses and complete each with at least a grade of “C” or higher:
BSC 1085 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
BSC 1085L Human Anatomy and Physiology I Laboratory
PSY 1012 Introduction to Psychology
MCB 2010 Microbiology
MCB 2010L Microbiology Lab
CGS 1100 Microcomputer Applications
PASCO-HERNANDO STATE COLLEGE
10230 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL
Submit your review