The Training program is endorsed by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas and also certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The objective of the Associate Degree Nursing Training program at Panola College is to provide top quality education to persons in the community looking for a career as a registered nurse (RN) as well as to promote the transition of the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) into the position of the professional nurse.
Upon successful completion of the course of study, the pupil is ready to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). 2 alternatives are offered at Panola College:
The Traditional Training program is taught over two years with summers off
The LVN Hybrid Transition track will be tutored over one year, offered in a flexible structure with classes web-based and also clinical provided in the evenings and also weekends within a seventy-mile radius of Carthage, TX, USA.
About The School
Panola College is a community college situated in Carthage, Texas, United States. The name originates from Panola County, Texas, of which Carthage is the county seat.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,130
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to Panola College and be fully admitted and TSI complete. Send official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended (send to: Records Office, 1109 W. Panola St., Carthage, TX 75633)
- Complete the prerequisites for the program – the face-to-face track requires four (4) prerequisites with a minimum GPA of 2.5 AND a minimum of “C” in each. The LVN Hybrid Transition track requires seven (7) prerequisites with a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the four basic prerequisites (BIOL 2401, 2402, 2420, PSYC 2301) AND a minimum of “C” in each.
- Take the three (3) required sections (Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Math) of the HESI A2 Admission test in the Panola College Testing Center ($50 non-refundable fee) during the month of February or September.
- The Face-to-face program requires a minimum of 80 on the Reading Comprehension and Math and a 75 on Grammar
- The LVN Hybrid Transition track requires the above minimums AND one year equivalent of work experience as an LVN (2000 hours verified by an employer)
- Call (903) 694-4019 to make an appointment to receive an application to the nursing program: during the month of February for fall face-to-face and LVN hybrid Transition admission, or during the month of September for spring face-to-face admission.
- Bring your transcript evaluation and/or Panola College unofficial transcript with you along with your HESI A2 scores.
- All students applying to the ADN program will be required, at the time of application, to show proof of EITHER:
- a positive Hep B titer and dates of three vaccinations OR
- proof that you are in process with the series of 3 vaccines as scheduled (#1, #2 one month later, #3 4 months after #1). Bring proof of all shots or titers you have received and stay on schedule.
- LVN Applicants must provide a valid LVN license for Texas or a license that has reciprocity with Texas.
- LVNs must also be able to document 1 year of full-time work experience as an LVN (2000 hours)
Address: 1109 W Panola St, Carthage, TX 75633
Submit your review