Pacific Union College (PUC) is a private liberal arts college situated in Napa Valley, California, United States. It was founded in 1882. The campus is situated in the upper valley town of Angwin, 8 miles north of St. Helena, California, USA, and within the Howell Mountain wine appellation. It is the only four (4) year college in Napa County. A coeducational, residential college, it serves an almost specifically undergraduate student body, the overwhelming most of which live on campus.
Pacific Union College has had a total of twenty-one (21) presidents. The very first eight (8) of these served while the school was still in Healdsburg. In 1983, Malcolm Maxwell became the first alumnus to lead Pacific Union College (PUC), serving for a record eighteen years. Heather Knight, the present President, took office in 2009 after working as the Provost at Andrews University.
The mission of the Associate of Science degree program in Nursing at Pacific Union College is to prepare students to provide competent and outstanding nursing care for individuals of every age group by using the nursing process while functioning in the role of the associate degree nurse in the background of Christian faith and human service.
This mission is satisfied by providing high-quality nursing education guided by the Nursing Program’s philosophy.
Total program cost is USD $10,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission is competitive, and candidates are evaluated based on:
- Complete prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better in each course:
- A full year of Algebra II or Integrated Math III at the secondary level or completion of MATH 096.
- A full year of Chemistry or Physics at the secondary level or completion of CHEM 101 or PHYS 105.
iii.ENGL 101 College English I (4).
- BIOL 101 Human Anatomy (5) or BIOL 102 Human Physiology (5).
v.NURS 110 Introduction to Nursing (2). Course may be in process at time of consideration
- College GPA calculated on cognate and GE courses required for the A.S. nursing degree. Courses that may be completed in high school and religion courses are not computed into the GPA. The minimum GPA for nursing applicants is 3.0. Preference will be given to applicants who have both a GPA above 3.3 and have completed at least 12 units of nursing required courses at Pacific Union College.
- ACT English test score of 19 or better.
- TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) total score that results in an Academic Preparedness Level of Proficient, Advanced or Exemplary.
- Applicants must submit an application for admission to the Nursing and Health Sciences Department accompanied by the application fee of $30.
- Official academic transcripts from high school and from each college previously attended.
- Two acceptable professional/academic references. Recommendations written by relatives and those presented directly to the Nursing and Health Sciences Department by the applicants themselves are not acceptable.
Pacific Union College
Address: 1 Angwin Ave, Angwin, CA 94508
Submit your review