Graduates of the ADN training program are ready to provide and handle customer care within a number of clinical functions such as, but not restricted to, hospitals, urgent care facilities, doctors offices, nursing homes and outpatient and inpatient care settings.
Learning takes place making use of several different varied didactic strategies including on campus lecture, live video streaming, Blackboard learning tools, pod casting, state of the art simulation laboratory technology and off site clinical experiences, all of which prepare our graduates to fulfill the requirements of a different client population.
The ADN training program prepares graduates to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam to be able to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Owensboro Community and Technical College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the Nursing training program is completely endorsed by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
The Owensboro Community and Technical College Associate Degree Nursing training program accepts pupils biannually; The Fall (August) semester application deadline is March 1, and also Spring (January) semester application deadline is July 1.
About the school
Owensboro Community and Technical College (OCTC), situated in Owensboro, Kentucky, United States is among the sixteen two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). Kentucky Community and Technical College System was established in 1999 from the combination of all the community colleges initially under the University of Kentucky system.
Owensboro Community College (established in 1986) and Owensboro Technical College (established in 1929) combined to become Owensboro Community and Technical College. Owensboro Community and Technical College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to offer technical along with associate’s degree programs.
Total annual estimated program cost $9,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Attend or view online the Pre Admission Conferences and submit the Data Report Form (official application) by application deadline of March 1, 2017 (Fall 2017 admission).
- Completed Data Report Forms may be turned into the Nursing Department in the Academic Building on OCTC’s Main Campus, either by hand delivery, by mail (4800 New Hartford Rd. Owensboro, KY 42303 Nursing Department), by fax (270-686-4687) or e-mail ([email protected])
- Current application for admission to Owensboro Community and Technical College or another KCTCS Institution
- Declare major as Associate in Science with Nursing/OWRN as student group
- Official transcripts mailed to OCTC Office of the Registrar
- ACT composite Score of ≥20
- ATI Academic Preparedness Category ≥Proficient (58.7% or higher) on the TEAS Assessment (Pre Admission Conference TEAS Schedule)
- Nursing GPA ≥2.75 (Need help calculating your GPA? Visit www.back2college.com/gpa.htm)
- Completion of BIO 137, MAT 150 (or higher), PSY 110 and meet the Digital Literacy requirement (CIT 105 recommended) by the first day of first Nursing course
- A grade of “C” or higher is required in math and science courses
- MAT 110 is no longer accepted and MAT 150 (College Algebra) is the minimum acceptable Math
- Active status on Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry by first day of first Nursing course
- Completion of American Heart Association (AHA) BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider with AED training by first day of first Nursing course.
Address: 4800 New Hartford Rd, Owensboro, KY 42303
Phone: +1 270-686-4400
Submit your review
Leave a Reply