- Otterbein is devoted to quality nursing education which will teach you to think critically within the context of a caring framework. The Division of Nursing will prepare you to be a life-long learner, who is devoted to the nursing profession, the community, and to fulfilling the changing healthcare needs of our society.
- In your very first semester of nursing, you will be designated a clinical placement where you can start gaining practical, professional experience that will increase your confidence and career. Upon graduation, you will have the capacity to care for persons of all ages from children to elderly, and also groups such as families and also communities. Their graduates are employed in various health care organizations, including acute care, extended care, mental health, primary care, home care, and also community health settings.
- After obtaining your Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Otterbein, you are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Exam-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN) as well as pursue graduate education.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in Nursing Practice at Otterbein University.
About the school
- Otterbein University is a small, highly residential, non-public, 4-year liberal arts college in Westerville, Ohio, United States Of America. It offers 74 majors and also 44 minors as well as eight graduate programs.
- The university was established in 1847 by the Church of the United Brethren in Christ. As a result of a division and also two mergers involving the church, the institution has since 1968 been affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $31,424
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to Otterbein is based on a student’s overall potential for academic success. Decisions are made after a holistic review of grades earned through the junior year as well as other criteria, including ACT or SAT scores, application essay, activities, and involvement. Otterbein places more emphasis on the academic transcript, as we believe it is one of the best indicators of student success and college preparation. Each student is also considered for the unique talents and contributions he or she will offer the Otterbein community.
- Completed application
- Official ACT or SAT test scores: Otterbein recommends having test scores sent directly from the testing agency. Otterbein’s ACT code 3318. Otterbein’s SAT code 1597
- Official high school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Personal essay (250 words)
- $35 application fee
Address: 1 S Grove St, Westerville, OH 43081
Submit your review