This two (2) year ADN degree in Oregon Coast Community College is a combination of nursing and transfer credits. This Associate Degree meets the requirements for you to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
The Oregon Coast Community College Foundation offers numerous scholarships specifically for pupils accepted into the nursing training program. Continuing nursing pupils and individuals who have applied for acceptance into the subsequent cohort are recommended to apply for these scholarships.
About The School
Oregon Coast Community College (OCCC) is a community college in Oregon, United States, serving pupils in Lincoln Region, Oregon. Situated in Newport, Oregon Coast Community College has roughly 3,000 pupils and a faculty of forty-five individuals.
Oregon Coast Community College held its very first classes in the year 1987, meeting in whatever extra space the employees could find. “You could possibly be coaching in a church basement, real estate office, fire station” institution President Patrick O’Connor recalled.
Total estimated program cost is USD $27,146
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C or higher”. There are no exceptions.
- BI 231 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BI 232 Anatomy and Physiology II
- MP111 Medical Terminology
- MTH 95 Intermediate Algebra (or higher) this requirement cannot be waived by a placement test score.
- PSY 201 or PSY 201A General Psychology – Biological Emphasis
- PSY 215 Intro: Development Psychology
- WR 121 English Composition
- WR 122 English Composition or
- WR 123 English Composition or
- WR 227 Technical Report Writing
If the math is older than 7 years, you can take the placement test and must score into Math 111 or higher within one year prior to applying to meet the math requirement.
- Courses that are Points Eligible: these courses have to be completed with a “B” or better to be eligible for points Please refer to the point sheet at the end of the application as this has been revised. Only the following courses are point eligible:
- Anatomy and Physiology sequence (BI231, 232, and 233)
- Microbiology (BI234)
- Nutrition (FN 225)
- Social science elective
- Arts & letters elective
- All students will be required to take the Kaplan Nursing Admission Test. The test will cover basic knowledge in reading, mathematics, writing, and science. Kaplan review books may be purchased online; however, Kaplan also recommends a good basic SAT review book.
- Nursing Application Form- Non-refundable $200 application fee.
Oregon Coast Community College
Address: 400 SE College Way, Newport, OR 97366
Phone: (541) 265-2283
Submit your review