- Ohio Northern University offers an excellent education to prepare you to become an exceptional nurse. The training program incorporates rigorous coursework with practical learning in the lab and also during clinical experiences. You will gain the skills, knowledge and also experiences needed to communicate, problem-solve, team up and also lead in today’s changing health care environment. Ohio Northern University Nursing training program is accredited by CCNE, Ohio Board of Nursing and also Ohio Board of Regents.
- For academically ready pupils, their nursing training program provides direct admission as a freshman nursing major. This means you can focus on your training program the moment you step on campus, removing stress and also competition so you can concentrate on learning and also collaboration. Your sophomore year, you will be in the lab working with professors and also lab instructors utilizing the modern equipment and also simulation technologies.
- The training program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing provides educational possibilities to a different population of eligible students seeking to acquire the knowledge and also skills required for employment as a registered nurse. The curriculum is built to prepare students for entrance into the contemporary health care workforce.
- The first 2-years are dedicated to general, social science and also nursing science studies to be able to create a sound basis for advanced nursing courses. Advanced nursing pupils split their time between the classroom and the clinical setting, honing their skills in various health care facilities.
- Before taking the national licensure exam NCLEX-RN, students must maintain at least C average in ALL major nursing courses as well as other identified required courses and also complete ALL clinical rotations.
- The syllabus meets the Ohio Board of Nursing specifications for a Professional Nursing Education Program.
About the school
- Ohio Northern University is a non-public, United Methodist Church-affiliated university situated in Ada, Ohio, United States Of America, established by Henry Solomon Lehr in 1871.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,110
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To begin the admission process students must submit an application to the University, ACT or SAT scores and an official transcript sent from the high school(s) of graduation, or GED scores. Applicants are processed when test scores, transcripts, and the application materials have been received. On the application, students should list Nursing as their area of interest. Measures of academic performance (GPA, class rank, standardized tests), recommendations, participation in community and extra-curricular activity, hobbies, interests, honors, awards, and a personal statement are considered.
- Meet the general admission requirements of Ohio Northern University
- Graduation from an accredited high school program with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.30 on a scale of 4.00 or higher (or GED)
- Minimum ACT score of 23 or a composite SAT score of 1130
- Criminal background check is required before clinical nursing courses
Please submit the following application materials:
- Completed online transfer application
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official college transcript(s
Address: 525 S Main St, Ada, OH 45810, USA
Submit your review