This nursing degree training program in Oklahoma City Community College provides the educational foundation you need for entry into nursing practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Credits earned in this training program may apply toward a bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university. Training program graduates meet the requirements to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.
The Training program is endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
About The School
Oklahoma City Community College, generally known as OCCC or perhaps O-Triple-C, and initially referred to as OKCCC or O-K-Triple-C, is a coeducational community college situated in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA. The community college was established in 1972.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,560
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the Application for Admission- The Application for Admission is required for all new students.
- Applicants must be admitted to OCCC prior to the application deadline.
- Request an official transcript from your high school- All future and recent high school graduates are required to submit an official high school transcript to get admitted. You can request your transcript be sent from your high school or bring it directly to the Office of Recruitment & Admissions.
- Submit official ACT scores- If you have taken the ACT or SAT, have your scores sent to the Office of Recruitment & Admissions or bring them with you to get admitted. While these scores are not required, they will help an Admissions Outreach Advisor determine whether you need placement testing.
- Applicants must provide proof of having completed prerequisite courses or proof of enrollment in the prerequisite course(s) (if allowed by the program to which the applicant is applying.)
- Must provide official schedule of enrollment.
- Completion of prerequisite courses. (These courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher by the start of NUR 1519.) The following courses are required for the Traditional NursingProgram.
- ENGL 1113, English Composition
- PSY 1113, Introduction to Psychology
- BIO 1023, Introduction to Nutrition
- BIO 1314, Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- CHEM 1123, Survey of General, Organic, and Biochemistry AND CHEM 1131, Laboratory for Survey of General, Organic and Biochemistry OR
- CHEM 1115, General Chemistry I
- College Retention Grade Point Average (GPA)…Minimum 2.5
- CPT ACCUPLACER Reading placement test score…Minimum 77 OR
- Standard COMPASS Reading placement test score…Minimum 86
Oklahoma City Community College
Address: 7777 South May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73159, USA
Submit your review