- Students, who complete the proposed coursework in their freshman and also sophomore years, will be given first consideration for entrance into the OHSU School of Nursing Bachelor’s training program in Klamath Falls. Once admitted, you can complete your Bachelor of Science in Nursing there at Oregon Tech. OHSU’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is certified by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) along with the National League for Nursing (NLN).
- At Oregon Tech, you will learn sound clinical judgment and also excellent technical skills, while completing all the lower-division criteria required to apply to the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) School of Nursing.
About the school
- The Oregon Institute of Technology or perhaps Oregon Tech is the only public polytechnic university founded in the Northwestern, United States of America.
- Oregon Tech was established as the Oregon Vocational School on July 14, 1947, to educate as well as re-educate returning World War II veterans.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $26,730
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the nursing program is competitive, based on a number of criteria including prerequisite GPA and a proctored essay. Prior experience, paid, volunteer or personal, in the medical field is a plus. Students apply in the Winter (deadline February 15) for admission to the professional program in September. Prior to September admission, a number of pre-requisite courses must be completed, including a full year of anatomy and physiology as well as nutrition, psychology, writing and other classes—see curriculum map and additional OHSU resources at right for a complete list.
Prior to applying, students must have completed at least 30 credits (2 terms) of classes. Classes still being taken during winter term do not count towards this requirement. For this reason, most students actually spread their prerequisite coursework over two years, although it is possible for students to complete all prerequisite classes in one year as long as they have some prior college credit.
- To apply for admission at Oregon Tech, use the Online Application
- Submit your Nursing CAS application
- Submit an Official High School Transcript: Current high school students must submit an official high school transcript upon applying for full admission to Oregon Tech. After high school completion, students MUST send an official final high school transcript to the Oregon Tech Admissions Office. Your high school can give you information about how to request an: Submit official transcripts for any college-level credit you have completed, including AP and IB.
- Submit either SAT Reasoning or ACT Scores: Applicants are required to submit official scores from SAT Reasoning or ACT tests. Having your scores delivered electronically is preferred and the fastest way to record your scores. Oregon Tech’s college codes are:
- Oregon Tech SAT code is 4587
- Oregon Tech ACT code is 3484
- Complete 15 Core Subject Area Requirements: Applicants must satisfactorily (grade of C- or above) complete at least 15 units (one year is equal to one unit) of college preparatory work in the following areas, unless they graduated from high school prior to spring 1985:
- Four years of English
- Three years of Mathematics
- Three years of Social Studies
- Three years of Science
- Two years of the same Foreign Language
Address: 3201 Campus Dr, Klamath Falls, OR 97601, USA
Submit your review