- In 2001, the OHSU College of Nursing combined with various Oregon community colleges in an exciting new collaboration, the Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE). Founded in response to the critical nursing shortage, Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education allows Oregon nursing programs to significantly expand the availability of pupils to receive the B.S. nursing degree and also increase enrollment while preparing graduates with skills to address the rapidly changing health care needs of Oregon’s aging and also ethnically diverse
- Graduates from OCNE community colleges meet the requirements to non-competitively transition to OHSU to complete the senior year OCNE curriculum and also graduate with the BS degree with a major in Nursing. The program is at present offered on five campuses: Ashland, Monmouth, Klamath Falls, La Grande, and Portland. Courses are tutored in a traditional classroom setting and also in simulation laboratories and also clinical rotations.
About the school
- In October 1887, the University of Oregon established a division of medicine in Northwest Portland. Since those very first building blocks were laid down, the institution has dramatically expanded both in form and also function, but its core values and also objective remain the same at present.
- In the year 1919, the University of Oregon Medical School relocated from downtown Portland to its current location on Marquam Hill in southwest
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,180
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Prerequisite GPA: Minimum of 3.0. Only prerequisite courses will be used in the GPA calculation.
- Completion of 45 quarter / 30 semester hours of prerequisite coursework prior to enrolling.
- Interview: Verbal & written communication skills, and overall articulation of fit for role and program.
- If Anatomy & Physiology plus lab series is completed by the end of fall 2017 term.
- If all required prerequisites are completed by the end of fall 2017 term.
- Documented 400 hours+ of human healthcare work or volunteer experience. Signature from supervisor is required.
- Completion of chemistry course with a grade of “C-” or better.
- Credits taken at these host institutions – Southern Oregon University (SOU) if applying to Ashland, Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) if applying to Klamath Falls, Eastern Oregon University (EOU) if applying to La Grande, Western Oregon University (WOU) if applying to Monmouth. This is not a factor for the Portland campus.
- Supplemental Questions – OHSU School of Nursing looks at students holistically and as such the supplemental questionnaire allows admissions to get to know applicants. The supplemental questionnaire is optional and not required; however it can help and be factored into your overall application.
All prerequisites must be taken for a grade of “C-” or higher, must be taken at a regionally accredited institution, and must be college level. All natural science coursework (Anatomy & Physiology series, Microbiology, and Nutrition) must be taken within 7 years from the intended start year (Ex: 2011-2018 for 2018). The following courses must be completed prior to enrolling in the 3 year Bachelors of Science with a major in Nursing (OCNE) program.
Address: 3455 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd. Portland, Ore. 97239-2941
Phone: 503 494-7444
Submit your review