The two (2) year Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) Training program at Ohio University- Southern enjoys a renowned reputation for graduating well equipped, top quality nurses. Upon successful completion of the Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ASN), the graduate is prepared to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) which leads to licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Graduates of the Associate Degree Training program may decide to enter the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Training program for two extra years of more complex education. The ADN training program at Ohio University has provisional status with Ohio Board of Nursing
About The School
Ohio University is a public research university in Athens, Ohio, United States Of America. One of America’s most ancient universities, the second most ancient in Ohio, it was chartered in 1787 and also endorsed in 1804, opening for pupils in the year 1809.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an application to Ohio University with pre-associate of nursing listed as your major, along with the $20 nonrefundable application fee (or complete a change of major to pre-associate nursing if already an OU student in a different program).
- Complete a nursing application in the nursing office.
- Submit official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from all previous schools attended, including college, vocational/technical programs, and high school/GED. Student must be a graduate of high school or hold certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Submit official ACT scores. A minimum score of 23 is required for students wishing to enter the nursing program straight out of high school.
- Submit to the nursing office a statement of educational and career goals essay (typed; no more than 1 page). This is your opportunity to tell the selection committee why you should be chosen for the nursing program.
- An established minimum college grade point average of 2.75 (or a high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for students wishing to enter the program straight from high school).
- The applicant must have completed courses in algebra, biology & chemistry at the high school or college level with a minimum grade of C in each course before the deadline.
- COMPASS placement test is required for all new students. Please contact Resource Commons to schedule an appointment. For nursing, you need to achieve an 80 of higher in Reading, place in English 1510 in the writing portion and achieve a score of Tier I or higher on the Math portion. Transfer students do not have to take the COMPASS exam if they have a course in English or Math that transfers from a previous college. This includes developmental course, ENG 1510 and MATH 1200 or higher.
- HESI A2 Nursing Admissions Exam: You must achieve a score of at least a 75% on English, a 75% in Math and an overall composite of 75% You can schedule this exam in the Resource Commons by calling 740-533-4596. Test codes and study guide are to be purchased in the bookstore.
- Applicants will be required to have a completed FBI & BCI fingerprint report (criminal background check) which will be completed after you have been selected into the program
Address: Athens, OH 45701, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply