- The School of Nursing pre-licensure undergraduate curriculum at ODU admits a cohort of students each fall semester. All nursing courses in the major are finished in 5 successive semesters (fall, spring, summer, fall, spring). The curriculum combines present recommendations for undergraduate nursing education and is built to get graduates into the workforce and also enrolled in graduate nursing programs faster.
- Graduates of the baccalaureate training program in professional nursing are generalists ready to care for culturally diverse individuals and also groups across the lifespan in a complex global society.
- Upon completion of the revolutionary, technology-enhanced training program, graduates are knowledgeable about present trends in health care, assume duty for their professional growth, and are ready for graduate study in nursing. The on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) Commission fully certifies the training program and also endorsed by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
- The prelicensure syllabus is offered in a 21-month year round schedule. Upon completion of the training program, a graduate is qualified to take the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX) for licensure as a registered nurse.
About the school
- Old Dominion University, generally known as ODU, is a public, co-educational research institution situated in Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America, with two satellite campuses in the Hampton Roads region.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28.600
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply and be admitted to the University as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Submit a School of Nursing supplemental application directly to the School of Nursing with photocopies of all previous college transcripts attached. Submit all items in the same envelope. Do not mail transcripts in separate envelopes to the School of Nursing.
- The minimum GPA for admission to the prelicensure program is 3.00. Please note that for the past several years, students admitted to the program have had at least a 3.6 GPA.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours that apply to the BSN must be completed before applying to the program.
- Students desiring to enroll in the program should complete the following courses prior to beginning the nursing major:
- ENGL 110C English Composition (*) 3
- ENGL 211C English Composition (or ENGL 221C or ENGL 231C) * 3
- STAT 130M Elementary Statistics 3
- PSYC 203S Lifespan Development 3
- SOC 201S Introduction to Sociology (*) 3
- CHEM 105N Introductory Chemistry (*) 3
- CHEM 106N Introductory Chemistry Laboratory (*) 1
- BIOL 103 Basic Bacteriology 4
- BIOL 240 Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology I *4 or
- BIOL 250 Human Anatomy and Physiology I *
- BIOL 241 Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology II * 4 or
- BIOL 251 Human Anatomy and Physiology II *
Address: 5115 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23529, USA
Submit your review