- International and also domestic rotations offer students a variety of experiences inaccessible at other nursing schools. Oklahoma Christian’s HonduraServe offers pupils the chance to work with Mission Predisan in Catacamas, Honduras or even in numerous places all over Oklahoma City, from one of the state’s biggest hospitals to free clinics in downtown Oklahoma City. With the backing of one of the state best science amenities in the country, there’s no restriction to where Oklahoma Christian nursing graduates can begin their careers. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate degree in nursing at Oklahoma Christian University.
- The Oklahoma Christian College of Nursing is endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Graduates of this state authorized training program to meet the requirements to apply to sit as well as write the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX)- (registered or perhaps practical) nurses. Applicants for Oklahoma licensure must satisfy all state and also federal criteria to hold an Oklahoma license to practice nursing.
- An OC graduate with a B.S. degree in Nursing will Communicate clearly, appropriately, and efficiently with clients as well as other health care providers to promote positive client results and also Exemplify Christian principles of integrity, compassion, service, and also respect for the well-being of clients, peers and also self.
About the school
- Oklahoma Christian University is a non-public comprehensive, coeducational Christian liberal arts institution established in 1950 by associates of the Churches of Christ, United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,340
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
After meeting the criteria for admission to Oklahoma Christian University, the School of Nursing applicants will be ranked according to OC’s School of Nursing Weighted Admission Tool*. Applicants are admitted into the nursing program based on rank and the following requirements.
- Federal criminal background checks** and drug screening**.
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application submission will receive a conditional acceptance letter. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 at the time of application submission will have their application reviewed following submission of spring semester grades. These students will be considered and ranked with transfer students for conditional acceptance or waitlisted on a space-available, competitive basis.
- A minimum composite score of 77% (without rounding) on the A2 Admission exam within the previous 12 months. Students will have two attempts per application to make the required score.
- It is suggested no more than 15 credit hours of OC Core curriculum be outstanding at the start of the nursing program.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency. International students must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC scores. The minimum score for admission is TOEFL – 500 PBT or 61 IBT or higher, IELTS – 6.0 or higher, TOEIC – 600 or higher.
Address: 2501 E Memorial Rd, Edmond, OK 73136, USA
Submit your review