- The objective of Oakland University SON is to prepare transformational leaders dedicated to caring and also using the best evidence in nursing practice, education and also research to optimize the health of the public in a broad ever-changing society.
- Nursing is a dynamic health care profession characterized by swift and also continuous change. For a nurse to maximize upon possible career opportunities and also have the educational basis for career advancement, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is
- The Oakland University School of Nursing Undergraduate Training program Accelerated Second Degree BSN track provides pupils with a broad range of clinical experiences all through Southeastern Michigan. And is built to produce nurses who can critically think, make use of evidence to develop, implement, and also examine patient-centered nursing care, and also who are ready to progress in their professional nursing careers. It is a full-time, accelerated, 12-month nursing training program that admits students to begin the nursing curriculum during one of the three academic semesters (Fall, Winter, or perhaps Summer).
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in Nursing Practice at Oakland University.
About the school
- Oakland University (OU) is a public institution situated in the cities of Auburn Hills and also Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States.
- Located on a 1,443-acre campus, it was co-founded by Matilda Dodge Wilson and also John A. Hannah.
- Oakland University was originally under the banner of Michigan State University as Michigan State University–Oakland, or simply MSU-O. It started in 1959 with 570 students and 3-buildings. In the year 1963, it became referred to as Oakland University.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $19,050
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students may enter the Basic BSN track through the competitive admission or direct admission.
- Competitive admission: Competitive admission to the School of Nursing Undergraduate Program Basic-BSN track is for students who have satisfied the nursing pre-requisite courses. In addition to the admission requirements, applicants must be in good academic standing in the university (minimum overall GPA of 2.0). Completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Direct admission: Direct admission to the Oakland University School of Nursing Undergraduate Program Basic-BSN track is for students coming directly from high school.
- Complete MTH 0661 with a final course grade of 3.2 or higher. This requirement is waived for applicants who receive a score of 18 or higher on the mathematics portion of the ACT or who have taken an OU placement exam and have placed into MTH 0662 or higher.
A final course grade of 2.8 or higher in each course and an overall prerequisite GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is required to apply
- BIO 1200
- BIO 1006 or
- BIO 2100, 2101 & 2600 CHM 1040
- CHM 2010
- PSY 1000
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT ABSN
As a Pre-Accelerated Second Degree BSN (major code 7008) is required in order to be eligible for admission to the School of Nursing. A separate application is required for admission to the Accelerated Second Degree BSN Track following completion of prerequisite courses.
Students must be in good academic standing at the University to qualify for admission to the School of Nursing. Note that completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the Accelerated Second Degree BSN track. School of Nursing applications are processed when the applicant has all pre-nursing coursework completed. Admission into the Accelerated Second Degree BSN track is competitive. Completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Complete one of the following courses with a minimum grade of 2.8:PHL 1100, 1000, 1300, 1070, 2200, 2210, 2200.
- To be considered for admission to the SON ASD track, applicants must complete the following required pre-nursing courses with a minimum final course grade of 2.8 and a minimum overall GPA in the courses of 3.2 (or transfer equivalents): BIO 1200, BIO 1006 or BIO 2100, 2101 and 2600, CHM 1040, CHM 2010, PSY 1000
Address: 318 Meadow Brook Rd, Rochester, MI 48309
Submit your review