- The goal of Nyack’s School of Nursing is to drive Christian nurses into the world to show Christ’s love as they fulfill the healthcare needs of hurting individuals. Their objective is to educate, encourage, equip, connect, and also mobilize Christian nurses to work in global communities.
- Nyack’s nursing major is built to prepare pupils to become general nurses. The students incorporate nursing knowledge, skills, as well as an attitude of service to provide compassionate care and also advocacy for others. The curriculum also provides pupils with the background for advanced studies and also professional careers.
- Nyack’s nursing students take some courses for a math and also science foundation, Bible courses for a biblical foundation, and also nursing courses to become a registered nurse. Students who complete the requirements for graduation with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-RN).
- The Commission College on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing at Nyack.
About the school
- Nyack College is a non-public, non-profit, Christian, academic community, NY, United States, that is associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance and home to the Alliance Theological Seminary, the denomination’s standard seminary.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Pre-requisites for nursing major are:
- Completion of the TEAS exam upon admission to Nyack College. Low scoring students will be asked to change their majors. Students who score in the mid-high range will be able to analyze potential weaknesses in pre-nursing knowledge in order to better prepare themselves for the Kaplan Entrance Exam.
- Submission of Choice of Major Form to the registrar
- Completion of pre-requisite courses including College Algebra, Essentials of Chemistry, Principles of Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology I, College Writing I and II, and General Psychology in order to take Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam.
- Science courses must have been completed in the last 7 years at the point of admission to the Nursing Program and have a grade of “C+” or greater
- Students who do not achieve a C+ in Chemistry during their first attempt will be asked to choose another major.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 in math and science courses with a C+ or higher in each course
- Completion of additional pre-requisites of Anatomy and Physiology II and Microbiology with C+ or greater.
- Complete PSY101 with a C or higher
- Nursing Major Application with essay
- Must meet or exceed the national average on the Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam within attempts. (If students do not pass the exam during their 2nd attempt, they will not be considered for entrance into the School of Nursing and will have to select another major.)
Students must complete an application to enter the clinical phase no later than the end of the semester prior to the semester in which they seek to be admitted. An $800 nonrefundable nursing entrance fee is reflected on the billing statement.
Once students have completed all of their requirements for admission to the nursing program, the department will review all paperwork and choose the best students for our program in a selective process. Admission is not guaranteed.
Address: 1 South Blvd, Nyack, NY 10960, USA
Submit your review