This associate degree nursing curriculum at Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College grooms people with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to practice nursing individually and also interdependently via the application of the nursing technique to provide safe nursing care to persons and also families across the life span in many different functions.
Graduates of this training program may apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) which is required for practice as a registered nurse (RN). Employment possibilities consist of acute care centers, long term care facilities, industry, clinics, outpatient offices, and also community agencies.
About The School
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College is a tribally managed college acquired by the 3 Associated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation headquarters at New Town, North Dakota, USA. The institution has branches in Mandaree and White Shield.
The School was established May 2, 1973, as the agency accountable for higher education on the Fort Berthold Reservation. The 3 Associated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation in New Town, North Dakota, United States approved the idea that a locally based higher education institution was required to train Tribal associates and assist to keep the Tribal cultures. The institution was acquired by the 3 Associated Tribes.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,135
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the United States of America.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in all prerequisite courses (including nursing classes) and an overall minimum GPA of 2.5
- Admission to the college of choice as well as completion of a formal application to the Dakota Associate Degree Nursing Program. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the ADN program. Application forms for admission to the Dakota ADN Program may be obtained from the Nursing Department beginning January 15 with application due on or before March 5.
- Pass a preadmission examination.
- Currently enrolled (if competitive) or satisfactory completion with a “C” or better in each of the following courses:
All required nursing courses from an accredited Practical Nursing Program
- CHEM 115 Introductory Chemistry and lab
- ENGL 110 Composition I
- PSYC 111 Introduction to Psychology
- BIOL 220 Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
- BIOL 221 Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- PHRM 215 Introduction to Pharmacology (must have been completed within 5 years of ADN admission).
- PSYC 250 Developmental Psychology
- Students must submit to a background check and pass a mandatory drug screen to be completely admitted to the program.
Students who meet the prerequisites and have completed their file are accepted into the program based on each college’s admission criteria.
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
Address: 220 8th Ave E, New Town, ND 58763
Submit your review