- You want to become a member of the healthcare profession, but you have other commitments that make going to school regular not possible. At NSC they work with you to balance work, life and also school so that you can make your vision achievable. In eight successive semesters, including summers, you can start your career as a nurse working a public health organization, a school, a hospital as well as other healthcare agencies.
- NSC Nursing graduates work in all the key hospital in southern Nevada as well as various healthcare professions, as well as home healthcare and also private practice.
- At NSC you have the exclusive chance to put your studies into practice at The Clinical Simulation Centre of Las Vegas (CSCLV), a 31,000 square-foot amenity at the NSHE Shadow Lane Campus.
About the school
- Nevada State College (NSC) is a 4-year public school situated in Henderson, Nevada, and is a part of the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE), United States. The institution opened on September 3, 2002, and its primary campus is situated on a 509 acres site in the southern foothills of Henderson, Nevada, United States.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,290
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for all coursework.
- A nursing program-specific GPA of 3.25 or above. Courses completed with a grade of “C-” or lower will not be considered for admission.
- A student must complete all prerequisite course requirements prior to entry into the nursing program.
- Score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V. Effective Fall 2012 entry and beyond, applicants must achieve a minimum 58.7% on the Adjusted Individual Total Score and only version V will be accepted.
- Admission to Nevada State College (NSC) must be completed one month prior to the School of Nursing application deadline. This includes submission of all transcripts and payment of the application fee.
- Applicants must complete the three biology courses (BIOL 223, BIOL 224, and BIOL 251) prior to submitting their application to the School of Nursing (SON).
- Biological science courses, BIOL 223, BIOL 224 and BIOL 251 (Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II and Microbiology) must have been taken within seven years of the date of application to the School of Nursing.
- Biological science courses, BIOL 223, BIOL 224 and BIOL 251 (Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II and Microbiology) may only be taken/attempted two times. Starting Fall 2012, a “W” received in any of these courses and/or auditing any of these courses will be counted as an attempt.
- The GPA used for admission into the School of Nursing will be determined using grades up to and including the semester prior to your application to the School of Nursing.
- Prerequisites taken during the semester before entering the program must be taken at NSC.
- No more than 12 credits of nursing prerequisites may be pending when applying to the nursing program.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications must be accompanied by a current Degree Audit Report and a copy of all TEAS results received within the past two years from the date of application.
Address: 1125 Nevada State Dr, Henderson, NV 89002
Phone: (702) 992-2000
Submit your review