The Faculty of Health Studies offers a five-semester Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. Upon successful completion, the Associate of Applied Science Degree is
Confered and the graduate is qualified to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a Registered Nurse. Graduation from the program is not an automatic ticket to take the NCLEX-RN licensing examination. See Standards of Conduct at the end of the ADN section.
The ADN program is approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing and accredited by the National League for Nursing.
About the school
In 1993, Northwest Alabama Community College started in 1963 as Alabama’s first junior college, it merged with Shoals Community College, which was founded three years later, to form Northwest Shoals Community College. Consequently, the college has two campuses: at Phil Campbell, where Northwest Alabama once stood; and at Muscle Shoals, the previous location of the Shoals school. Northwest Shoals Community College is also known as NW-SCC.
Total program cost is about USD$10,362
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submission of a complete college application to the admissions office prior to application deadline (if not currently enrolled)
- Unconditional admission to the College;
- Good standing with the College;
- Submission of a completed application for the Associate Degree Nursing Program to the NW-SCC Nursing Office by April 15th for fall admission annually.
- Minimum of 18 ACT composite score (writing component not required), National or Residual, is required, and results must be submitted to the Admissions office. There is no expiration date on ACT for the nursing application.
- Minimum of 2.50 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale based on the required academic core courses for nursing AND
- Current or previous NW-SCC students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher at NW-SCC
- Transfer students must enter NW-SCC on clear academic status (cumulative 2.0 GPA)
- Students without prior college courses must have a minimum 2.50 cumulative high school GPA on all high school work attempted (including 12th grade)
- Eligibility for: ENG101 and MTH100 or higher level as determined by college policy, and
- Meeting the essential functions required for nursing.
Muscle Shoals Campus
P.O. Box 2545
800 George Wallace Blvd.
Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
Phil Campbell Campus
2080 College Road
Phil Campbell, AL 35581
Submit your review
Leave a Reply