Northwest–Shoals Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education with two campuses. One campus is located in Phil Campbell, Alabama and the second campus is located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
The program has approval from the Alabama Board of Nursing. After graduating students may apply to take the (NCLEX-PN) examination. Admission to the program is usually in the fall semester. The program lasts for three semesters.
LPN Program Requirements
Minimum admission standards for the Practical Nursing Program include:
- Unconditional admission to the college. receipt of completed application for the Practical Nursing Program by April 15 for the fall admission annually.
- A minimum of a 2.50 grade point average (GPA) calculated on last 24 semester hours of completed coursework at NW-SCC. Students without previous coursework at NW-SCC must enter College on clear academic status and have a minimum of a 2.50 grade point average (GPA) calculated on last 24 semester hours of completed coursework.
- Eligibility for ENG 101 (English Composition I).
- Eligibility for MTH116 (Mathematical Applications) or higher as determined by college policy.
- Completion of the TEAS V entrance test current within three years of application deadline.
- Meeting the Alabama College System Nursing Program Essential Functions
Address: 800 George Wallace Blvd, Muscle Shoals, AL 35661
Total enrollment: 3,939 (2011)
Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 4,231 USD (2014), Out-of-state tuition: 7,621 USD (2014)
Colors: Navy Blue, Red
- Ease of admission
- Friendly Instructors
- I would recommend someone
Please leave reviews
User Review( vote)
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply