The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from Northwest College (NWC) provides a strong foundation in the principles and competencies of Professional Nursing for students planning to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). The four (4) semester training program makes use of theory, laboratory, simulation, and clinical learning experiences to prepare the successful graduate as a proficient nurse who provides effective, safe, and suitable nursing care to varied populations in many different health-care delivery settings.
The Northwest College Associate Degree Nursing Program is endorsed by the Wyoming State Board of Nursing and certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Upon Successful completion of the four (4) semester training program of study leads to an Associate Degree in Nursing and eligibility to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN). It is a four-semester program.
About the school
Northwest College is a public two (2) year residential college situated in Powell, Wyoming, 70 miles from Yellowstone National Park, United States.
Northwest College commissioned in 1946 with approximately one hundred full- and part-time students and three instructors who met in classrooms lent from the public school district.
Originally called the University of Wyoming Northwest Centre, In 1953 the name was modified to Northwest Community College, and in 1968 the college’s tax base was extended to incorporate all of Park County. The name modified once again to Northwest College in 1989. Over time, the quality of instruction matured, and a residential campus established.
Total program cost is USD $1O, 200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- It’s quick and easy to do online. Complete your application
- Send us your high school transcript, GED scores, or home-school transcript. You’ll also need to submit your final high school transcripts after you graduate.
- Activating your college account allows you to access the Northwest College scholarship application and check your admission status. Your college account will become extremely valuable once you enrol in classes and begin your semester.
- If you haven’t tested yet, enter the appropriate code below when you take the test to have your scores automatically sent to NWC:
- SAT code: 4542
- ACT code: 5004
These scores are used to make sure you get in the right classes.
- Submit these 3 documents
- Student Health Form
- Student Advisement Form
- MMR Vaccination Record —this may already be on your high school transcript (ask your guidance counsellor) or get it from your doctor.
- BIOL 1010 – General Biology I (4)
- ENGL 1010 – English I: Introduction to Composition (3)
- MATH 1000 – Problem Solving (3)
- MATH 1400 – College Algebra (4)
- ZOO 2010 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4)
Total Prerequisite Term: 14-15 Credits
Address: 231 W 6th St, Powell, WY 82435, USA
Submit your review