The Nursing training program in Northeast State Community College grooms persons to become registered nurses. The associate degree nurse is a generalist whose practice is comprised of the intertwined positions of care provider, coordinator/manager of care, and an associate of the extensive health-care team.
The curriculum structure relies upon NLN’s Core Competencies for the Associate Degree in Nursing, identified above, and five additional curriculum threads (safety, community, cultural diversity, nutrition, and ethics) which are crucial to the practice of the Associate Degree in Nursing. It is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
About The School
Northeast State Community College is a public extensive community college located in Blountville, Tennessee, USA, offering technical education and also college transfer programs in Blountville and also at teaching venues in Elizabethton, Johnson City, Gray, and Kingsport. It was established in 1966.
Total estimated tuition fee $14,124
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Submit an application to Northeast State Community College.
- Be accepted by Northeast State Community College.
- Indicate the associate of applied science degree in Nursing (Traditional option) as the desired major on the Northeast State application form.
- Seek advisement from the student’s assigned nursing advisor to establish a program plan of study.
- Complete all required learning support courses prior to applying to the associate of applied science degree nursing program.
- Demonstrate computer competency/proficiency as required by the nursing division through one of the following:
- Completion of INFS 1010: Computer Applications, 3 credits.
- Completing Credit by Examination at Northeast State, 0 credits. Credit by Examination may not transfer into Northeast State from other colleges/universities.
- Complete BIOL 2010: Anatomy and Physiology I, lecture and lab; BIOL 2020: Anatomy and Physiology II, lecture and lab; ENGL 1010: Composition I; and MATH 1530: Probability and Statistics; and the Computer Competency/Proficiency Requirement with a grade of “C” or better for each.
- Biological science courses previously taken must have been completed within the last ten years and must be a total of four (4) credit hours.
- Complete the required entrance test*. Completion date must be within one year of applying to the program.
- Achieve a Grade Point Average of 2.75 in college courses, excluding learning support coursework.
- Complete the Nursing Program Application process as described in “Applying to the A.A.S. Nursing Degree Program”. Submission of all requirements must be received by the established deadline date and time as a complete packet.
- Provide documentation to the dean of Nursing that the applicant is, with reasonable accommodation, physically and mentally capable of performing the essential job functions of a registered nurse as outlined in the Core Performance Standards of Admission and Progression adopted by the Tennessee Board of Regents institutions offering nursing programs.
Northeast State Community College
Address: 2425 TN-75, Blountville, TN 37617
Submit your review
Leave a Reply