The Associate Degree in Nursing demands the successful completion of 72 credit hours of nursing and also general education coursework. The A.D.N. training program grooms pupils for a career as a registered nurse. You can finalize the A.D.N. training program in 24 months if you complete the required coursework each and every semester.
Registered Nurses provide and handle care in conjunction with the health-care team through utilization of the nursing process. RNs may assign, direct and allocate nursing care to others. Registered Nurses provide nursing activities such as health education, treatments, medication administration, and basic cares.
Registered Nurse employment offers limitless variety, with Registered Nurses not only present in health-care settings, but in medication, business, and industry too. Furthermore, a student is qualified to take the NCLEX-RN examination upon satisfactory completion of the graduation demands.
About the school
Northeast Community College (NECC) is a community college system situated in northeast Nebraska, United States Of America.
Founded by the state legislature in 1973 as an extensive community college offering vocational/technical, college transfer, liberal arts, and continuing education, Northeast Community College is a modern, two (2) year college situated at the northeast edge of Norfolk, Nebraska, United States and serves citizens of a twenty (20) county area in northeast Nebraska, USA.
Northeast is the only community institution in the state with one-and-two (2) year vocational, liberal arts, and adult education programs all on one primary campus.
Total estimated program cost $12,130
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Nursing Program has a selective admission policy. All applicants must initially apply to Northeast as a Pre-Nursing (PRN) major. As a condition of admission to the college, students are subject to placement testing (Compass, Asset, or ACT) and mandatory placement for general education courses.
- Evidence of a GED or high school diploma
- Acceptable entrance exam score (see nursing program packet)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 in required courses, including a 2.7 science GPA
- Direct high school to program admits must have a cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 with successful completion of the highest level English, Math and Science courses
- Successfully complete a nurse aide course and be listed on the Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry.
- LPN to ADN students are required to hold an unencumbered LPN license from Nebraska or another compact state.
- Conditional program admission is contingent on successful completion of spring/summer coursework (“C” or better in required courses) and satisfactory back-ground check and drug testing.
Northeast Community College
Address: 801 E Benjamin Ave, Norfolk, NE 68701, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply