The Health Sciences Faculty of Northeast Alabama Community College offers an Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program comprising 72 credits; the program can be completed in two years as a full-time student. The five-semester syllabus consists of classes that range from pharmacology, English composition and college algebra to maternal and child nursing.
Uppon successful completion and getting the ADN, graduates become eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX-RN, for licensure as Registered Nurses (RNs). The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate Degree while the nursing programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
About the school
Northeast Alabama Community College was founded in 1963 and Spanning the boundary between DeKalb and Jackson Counties. It has a countryside setting, with an 118-acre campus at Rainsville, Alabama.
The school has seven academic divisions: Business and Computer Science; English and Fine Arts; Social Science, Health Sciences; Mathematics; Natural Sciences; Workforce Development; Speech, and Foreign Language; and Skill Learning.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unconditional admission to the College. In order to be unconditionally admitted, the Admission Office must receive official transcripts of all attempted college work.
- Complete application to the Nursing Program by FEBRUARY 1st.
- A minimum of 2.5 grade point average (GPA) for nursing required core courses.
- A minimum of 2.5 grade point average (GPA) cumulative high school for students without prior college courses (GED will be used if applicable).
- A minimum of 18 ACT composite score National or Residual.
- Eligibility for ENG 101, BIO 201, and MTH 100 as determined by college policy.
- Good standing with the college.
- Must meet ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS required for nursing.
- If not already completed, student must be eligible to take ENG 101, BIO 201, and MTH 100 the first semester accepted into the nursing program
Admission to the Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive and the number of students accepted is limited by the number of faculty and clinical facilities available. Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Northeast Alabama Community College
138 AL Hwy 35, Rainsville, Alabama 35986
P.O. Box 159
256-638-4418 or 256-228-6001
Submit your review
Leave a Reply