North Lake College serves as an approved location for El Centro’s ADN training program. Pupils can attend all ADN classes at North Lake and earn their degree from El Centro College. North Lake is an approved location for El Centro’s ADN training program.
El Centro College’s Associate Degree Nursing training program leads to the Associate Degree Nursing (Associate in Applied Sciences degree) and can be accomplished in 2 years over fall and also spring semesters.
About The School
North Lake College is a two (2) year public community college serving Irving, and northern Dallas County, Texas, United States. The college’s central campus sits on 276 acres in the Las Colinas area of Irving, at 5001 N. MacArthur Irving, Texas and northern Dallas County. North Lake opened in the fall of 1977, becoming the 6th of 7 colleges in the Dallas County Community College District. The college’s central campus is located on 276 acres in the Las Colinas area of Irving.
Furthermore, North Lake operates three community campuses: South Campus in South Irving, North Campus in Coppell, and West Campus beside DFW Airport. The college’s signature programs consist of logistics, construction technology, the sciences, and our unique pairing of arts and technology.
North Lake concentrates on developing partnerships with the community — an approach that cultivates a lot of opportunities for pupils. For instance, North Lake has partnered with Microsoft to emerge as a certified training location for Microsoft certified systems engineers.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,123
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application and current admission to a Dallas County Community college.
- Completion of the three program prerequisite courses with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher on those specific courses.
- Completion of designated sections of the HESI A2 Test (Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary/General Knowledge, and Anatomy/Physiology) with a minimum score of 80% on each of the five required sections, in addition to completing the Personality Profile and Learning Styles sections.
- Submission of complete documentation of a current physical exam, tuberculosis screening, required immunizations and CPR certification to SentryMD.
- Submission of complete application materials to the Health Occupations Admissions Office during a designated filing period.
- Applicants must complete the three (3) prerequisite courses listed below with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher to submit an application to the nursing program. The prerequisite GPA is considered in the point award ranking process.
BIOL 2401 Human Anatomy & Physiology I*
ENGL 1301 Composition I
PSYC 2301 Introduction to Psychology
- Prior to application to a health occupations program, potential applicants must have submitted to the Registrar/Admissions Office at one of the seven Dallas County Community colleges official transcripts from all colleges and universities the applicant has
North Lake College Dallas County Community College
Address: 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd. Irving, TX 75038
Submit your review