The two (2) year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Registered Nursing training program at North Dakota State College is available to candidates seeking to become a Registered Nurse. The Associate in Science in nursing training program is available to AAS or even AS Licensed Practical Nurses who wish to continue their nursing education and also become a Registered Nurse. The training program site is in Wahpeton, North Dakota, United States.
The RN Training program has been awarded complete authorization from the North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON). The training program has also been awarded candidacy status toward accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
The North Dakota State College of Science is a two-year public college in Wahpeton, in North Dakota and a part of the North Dakota University System, USA.
Established in the year 1903 by provision of the state constitution, the State College of Science offers degrees, certificates and also diplomas in over eighty (80) academic choices in traditional career and also technical studies as well as the liberal arts.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,035
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Applicants will be admitted to the program following a selection process. Classes are dependent on enrollment. The following requirements must be met by April 15. Applicants that apply after the deadline can complete the admission requirements and be placed on the waiting list. If openings become available they may be selected, based on points, until the first day of class.
*Prerequisite Courses Credits
- BIOL 220 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 220L Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
- BIOL 221 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 221L Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- ENGL 110 College Composition I
- ENGL 120 College Composition II
- MICR 202 Introductory Microbiology
- MICR 202L Introductory Microbiology Lab
- NUTR 240 Principles of Nutrition
- PHIL 210 Ethics
- PSYC 250 Developmental Psychology
- SOC 110 Introduction to Sociology
- Complete the NDSCS Application for Admission if the applicant has not attended NDSCS, or complete a re-application if the applicant has previously attended or is a past graduate of NDSCS.
- Be a graduate of a Board of Nursing approved Associate in Applied Science or an Associate in Science Practical Nursing Program.
- Hold an active and unencumbered license as a Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Applicants who will be graduating from an approved associate degree granting Practical Nursing Program the semester prior to starting the RN Program can apply with the following provision: Applicants must pass the National Council Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) with proof of successful completion of the exam submitted to the RN Program no later than July 15.
- Achieve the benchmark minimum of a “C” in all *prerequisite courses required for the RN program. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 is required.
- Complete admission assessment examinations and meet the program benchmark. Schedule your testing(s) by emailing [email protected] or calling 701-671-2984. Advisement is provided by the RN program coordinator to review admission results. The program reserves the right to change the assessments required for the selection process.
- Submit a resume, including work history, to the RN Program.
North Dakota State College
Address: 800 6th St N, Wahpeton, ND 58076
Submit your review
Leave a Reply