The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing Training program is a regular, 18-month training program. Pupils receive training to carry out seven interventions with precision and also proficiency dependent on present concepts and evidence-based practices. Nursing specialists provide instruction in nursing theory and, under specialized guidance, pupils obtain comprehensive clinical experience.
Upon successful completion of the very first year of study, pupils are ready for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®). Upon successful completion of the two-year training program, pupils are ready for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). The program was lately rated as the Top Nursing Training program in Kansas by www.registerednursing.org
About the school
North Central Kansas Technical College, typically known as NCK Tech, is a two (2) year public institution of higher education situated in Beloit, Kansas, United States. From its formation in 1964 to the time the Kansas Board of Regents took over the institution, the name of the institution was North Central Kansas Area Vocational-Technical School.
Total estimated program cost is USD $8,890
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Applications will be available and need to be turned into the nursing department during the time frame of September 1st to January 31st for those anticipating admission the following fall into the first year of the program. Applications for the second year of the program will be accepted from September 1st to March 31st for those anticipating admission the following fall.
- The applicant shall have an application on file for the year that the class is being selected.
- The applicant shall be a high school graduate or have a GED certificate upon entering into the program (college graduation requirement).
- The applicant shall submit official transcripts for all secondary and post-secondary course work taken in order to be considered for class selection.
- for students with English as a second language: 1. the nursing applicant makes known that English is not his/her primary language for written or oral communication. 2. All nursing applicants must show proficiency in oral and written English if their primary language is not English. 3. Applicants must complete the TOEFL and TSE exams. 4. Kansas State Board of Nursing guidelines for TOEFL/TSE scores will be followed. A. TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language, B. TSE – Test for Spoken English. 5. The following are the minimum scores that will be required for all ESL nursing applicants, A. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 550 minimum score – Paper/pencil version, 213 minimum score – Computer version, B. Test for Spoken English (TSE) 50 minimum score, C. Test of English as a Foreign Language – internet version (TOEFL iBT) Minimum Score: Writing – 20, Speaking – 20, Reading – 19, Listening – 20.
- All applicants shall have a C or better in previously completed general education and other plan of study (non-nursing) courses. The actual grade will be considered only in case of a “tie” in the scores of the applicants.
- SS-105 Human Growth and Development T▸
- HE-230 Principles of Nutrition T▸
- BIOL-230 Anatomy & Physiology w/Lab T▸
- SS-100 General Psychology T▸
- MA-110 Intermediate Algebra OR
- MA-111 College Algebra T▸
- BIOL-225 Microbiology w/Lab
- COM-103 English Composition I T▸
- For those applicants who have graduated from an out-of-the-state practical nursing program, nursing credits will be evaluated individually by the nursing program director.
North Central Kansas Technical College
Address: 3033 US Hwy 24 Beloit, Kansas 67420
Submit your review
Leave a Reply