- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program at NNU is a traditional undergraduate degree meant for a high school graduate or transfer student who aims for a high-quality Bachelor’s degree training program that matches the specifications for an RN licensure. The training program offers an extensively based foundation in nursing with a holistic approach focused on the patient in the context of their family and also the community.
- The Registered Nurse (RN)- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree provides a course of study for RN’s to improve their critical thinking and also communication skills while at the same time developing their leadership skills. NNU allows registered nurses educated with Associate Degrees in Nursing to expand their education as well as improve their career with a Baccalaureate degree. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) completely certifies this degree completion training program.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredits the baccalaureate degree in nursing at Northwest Nazarene University.
About the school
- Northwest Nazarene University (NNU) is a non-public Christian liberal arts college situated in Nampa, Idaho, United States.
- Eugene Emerson structured a combination grade school and also Bible school in 1913 as Idaho Holiness School. It was renamed two times in 1916, initial to Northwest Holiness College after which to Northwest Nazarene College, and then turned a liberal arts college in the year 1917 with degree-granting authority from the Idaho state Board of Education.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.750 on a scale of 4.0 in the following prerequisites
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I + lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II + lab
- Principles of Organic & Biochemistry + lab*
- Introduction to Psychology
- University Writing & Research
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology+
- Medical Terminology
- Apply and be accepted to Northwest Nazarene University Undergraduate Admission before submitting an application to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- All transfer applicants must be advised by the pre-nursing advisor to confirm applicant meets all the prerequisites and GPA requirements before submitting an Application for Admission to the Department of Nursing Pre-Licensure Program.
- Submit online Application for Admission to the Department of Nursing Pre-licensure Program.
- Minimum grade of “C” in prerequisite courses listed above.
- Meet designated requirements of the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) – see dates below.
- Interview with the Admission & Progression Committee.
- Meet health requirements.
*One semester of Chemistry is required for entrance into the nursing program; Organic/ Biochemistry is preferred.
+For transfer students, the Department of Nursing will accept either an Introduction to Sociology course or an Introduction to Cultural Anthropology course.
Applicants must have completed the following prerequisites prior to applying for admission to the program to receive FULL admission:
Online RN-BSN REQUIREMENT
- An Associate degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution (or to be completed by the end of the semester in which the applicant applies).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75* or higher.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses or their equivalent:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with Lab (8 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
- Research Writing (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Proof of a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Good standing with the licensing body for RN licensure.
- Current employment as an RN is highly recommended, but not required.
Address: 623 S University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686
Phone: (208) 467-8000
Submit your review