The nursing training program at Nicolet College grooms basic level nurses to be associates of the heath-care team. Graduates must display critical thinking, clinical judgment, and also clinical skills. The nursing training program is endorsed by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing and is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Graduates meet the criteria to take the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for licensed practical and/or registered nurse (RN). The Wisconsin Technical College System nursing programs strive to provide a smooth nursing curriculum that is flexible and also available for learners on a statewide basis.
At the successful completion of the very first year of the training program, pupils have the choice of submitting an application to the state Board of Nursing to take the examination for licensure as a practical nurse (PN). LPNs certified in Wisconsin may enter the 3rd semester of the nursing training program, provided all very first and also 2nd-semester general education courses are fulfilled with a “C” or better.
About The School
Nicolet Area Technical College is a technical college whose primary campus is in Rhinelander Wisconsin. It has outlet centers in Carter, Crandon, Eagle River, the Forest County Potawatomi Community, Minocqua, Lac du Flambeau, Mole Lake, and Tomahawk.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,889
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of admission requirements as a pre-nursing student
- Completion of developmental courses in the following areas based on Accuplacer entrance test scores
- Successful completion of two semesters of high school chemistry with grades of “C” or better or one semester of college chemistry with a grade of “C” or better
- Successful completion of the nursing assistant course or verification of completion of the nursing assistant course
- Completion of General Anatomy & Physiology with a grade of “B-” or better
- Completion of online course ADN Introductory Meeting
- The next step is to petition to take the HESI A2 exam (see directions on petitioning)
- Nursing program acceptance is dependent upon HESI A2 scores
Advanced Standing for Licensed Practical Nurses
Also required is the successful completion of the LPN to RN Bridge course and/or successful competency testing in nursing skills. Candidates must have a current Practical Nursing license and be eligible to practice in the state of Wisconsin. LPN credits (nursing credits from prior diploma) are held in escrow until third semester nursing courses are completed with a “C” or better. Contact the academic advisor for details.
Address: 5364 College Dr, Rhinelander, WI 54501
Submit your review
Leave a Reply