The nursing program is designed for the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to transition into the function of the Registered Nurse (RN). The Introduction to Associate Degree Nursing course is available in the hybrid format during the summer which demands minimal visits to the Ottawa campus. Pupils who effectually complete this course are transitioned into Level II (Associate Degree Level). Placement alternatives for Level II will probably be the Chanute Campus, the Ottawa Campus as well as the Hybrid format.
The very first and second level of the Neosho County Community College (NCCC) nursing training program is offered in Chanute, Kansas. Application to Neosho County Community Institution must be made before application to the nursing training program. Pupils successfully finishing the first level receive a Licensed Practical Nurse certificate and sit for the LPN board examination.
Pupils successfully passing the examination and gaining LPN licensure have the choice to carry on their education into the second level classes in Chanute or perhaps into the hybrid training program. These pupils earn an Associate of Applied Science degree upon successful completion of the second level, which makes them qualified to sit for the Registered Nurse board examination.
About the school
Neosho County Community College (NCCC) is situated in Chanute, Kansas, United States Of America, established in 1936 and a second campus is situated in Ottawa, Kansas, United States, established in 1991.
Unlike several other community colleges which offer no housing, the Chanute Campus of Neosho County Community College permits pupils to live on campus as well as have a dinner plan. This campus is a lot more designed for regular traditional students. Additionally, it is the superior of the two campuses.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,130
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Make application to the Neosho County Community College. Apply online at: neosho.edu
- Provide scores for either the Accuplacer, Compass or ACT/SAT test, offered in the Chapman Learning Center (CLC) at
- Send official transcripts (contain official college seal & are in sealed envelope or electronic transcripts) are accepted from clearing houses) from high school (or GED scores) and ALL colleges attended sent DIRECTLY TO THE NURSING DEPARTMENT. High school, GED, or Home Schooling can be faxed school to school.
- Attend an Informational Meeting on the Campus you prefer.
- Take the following prerequisites (a grade of “C” or better is required in all courses): All prerequisites must be completed before Foundations of Nursing-1st semester of nursing classes.
- PSYC 155 – General Psychology
- BIOL 257 & 258 – Human Anatomy & Physiology with Lab – must be completed within 7 years of beginning the nursing program. Online labs are strongly discouraged
- ENGL 101 – English Composition I (3 credit hours)
- It is in your best interest to begin taking the following general education courses (a grade of “C” or better is required in all courses), as their successful completion increases the number of points you earn towards acceptance:
- PSYC 263 – Developmental Psychology – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to complete before Starting the Nursing program.
- NURS 230 – Pathophysiology A & P with lab is a prerequisite for this class. It is only offered online & during the fall and spring semesters.
- BIOL 271 & 272 – Microbiology with Lab credit – must be completed within 7 years of beginning the nursing program. Online labs are strongly discouraged.
- ENGL 289 – English Composition II
- Computer Test Out or 1 of the following computer classes may be taken: CSIS 100 Computer Concepts & Applications, 105 Computer Literacy.
Note: A test-out option is available which forgives the requirement but does NOT replace the needed credit hour. The Administrative Assistant will contact you once accepted to the nursing program, with testing dates/times to complete this requirement. Highly recommended to take the computer option during your Nursing program as it has no bearing on you being accepted to the nursing program.
Neosho County Community College
Address: 800 W 14th St, Chanute, KS 66720, USA
Submit your review