- The traditional nursing curriculum is offered for eligible high school graduates, transfer and also licensed practical nurses. The nursing curriculum includes pre-nursing courses that are completed in the second semester of the sophomore year, and then nursing courses that commence in the junior year. During the freshmen and also sophomore years, the nursing pupil will complete courses that provide knowledge in the natural sciences and also general education curriculum (GEC) with liberal arts
- Completion of the GEC courses and also science prerequisites is needed to obtain admission to the nursing training program. All pupils must complete the Pre-nursing courses as well as the majority (90%) of the GEC’s, before admittance to nursing.
About the school
- North Carolina Central University is a public traditionally black institution in the University of North Carolina system, situated in Durham, North Carolina, United States, offering programs at the baccalaureate, masters, professional and also doctoral levels.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,250
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
BSN Requirements (Fall admits)
- Admission to North Carolina Central University
- Completion of the General Education and prerequisites for the nursing major
- cumulative GPA
- 7 Math/Science GPA
- Attend mandatory orientation (typically in fall)
- Apply in Spring
- Start in Summer
NOTE: Program can be completed in 2 years if you follow curriculum plan and DON nursing progression policy.
Prerequisite courses must be completed prior to admissions into Nursing.
- MATH 1100 – College Algebra/Trig I
- BIO 1300 – Molecules & Cell Functions
- SOCI 2000 – Society of Human Behavior
- BIO 1610 – Human A&P Development I
- CHEM 1000 – Physical Science Related to chemistry
- CHEM 1500 – Chemistry of Human Life
- BIO 1620 – Human A&P Development II
- PSY 2100 – General Psychology
- BIO 2510- Intro to Microbes and Disease
- FOOD 2200 – Introduction to Human Nutrition
All Nursing Courses must be taken at NCCU.
BIO 1300 Molecules & Cell Functions (4) (can be waived if BIO 1610, 1620, & 3200 have been completed with a “C” or better)
Nursing Majors: Science and Math course credits previously earned at other institutions will not be recorded if credit was earned five or more years prior to the academic term in which you enroll at NCCU. Please be aware that admission to the Nursing program could be delayed if credits have not been earned in required prerequisite courses.
Address: 1801 Fayetteville St, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Submit your review