The two (2) year 60 credit hours curriculum in nursing in Navarro College leads to an Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.A.D.N.) and grooms the graduate to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Graduates must also NCLEX-RN) . Graduates must also satisfy legal demands for licensure as directed by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) or the state in which initial licensure is hunted. Successful completion of the examination will permit the graduate to practice as a registered nurse (RN).
The Navarro College ADN Training program is endorsed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) along with the Texas Board of Nursing (BON). The training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). It also has a transition training program for LVN.
About The School
Navarro College is a two (2) year public institution comprising of a primary campus situated in Corsicana, with divisions in Fairfield, Midlothian, Mexia, and Waxahachie, Texas. The college presently features yearly pupil enrollment of over 9,000 pupils.
The Corsicana campus has powerful links with Texas A&M University–Commerce, which has divisions at the Navarro College campuses in Corsicana and also Midlothian. In spring in the year 1946, a group of residents met to create a steering committee for the purpose of building a junior college in Navarro Region.
In a general election conducted July 16, in the year 1946, voters endorsed the development of Navarro Junior College and also endorsed a county tax to assist financing the school. In that same election, voters picked a seven associate board of trustees to control the institution.
Total estimated program cost is USD $10,770
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Apply to Navarro College if you are not already a student here.
- Send All OFFICIAL transcripts to the NC Registrar/Admissions Office.
- Take the TEAS test (must have passed Reading Comprehension with minimum of 70.5 points and Math with 69 points to be eligible to apply).
- Traditional applicants: Proof of completion: 4 program prerequisites courses before admission (HPRS 1101, A&P I, A&P II, and Microbiology, or a written plan on when these will be completed before admission.
- Bridge applicants: Proof of completion: 6 program prerequisites courses before admission (A&P I, A&P II, Microbiology, and at least 3 of: ENGL 1301, PSYC 2301, PSYC 2314, SPCH 1315 OR 1311, & BIOL 1322. Or a written plan on when these will be completed before admission.
- Bridge applicants, LVN license number and expiration date.
- Attend orientation session if you received offer of admission to the program.
- Proof of eligibility to enter program– Unofficial transcripts. Academic Eval. Showing TSI complete, status
Address: 3200 W 7th Ave, Corsicana, TX 75110
Submit your review
Leave a Reply