The mission of the Department of Nursing at Nashua Community College is to give students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Science in Nursing, which helps them to take the licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) to become Registered Nurses, for employment in entry-level positions in nursing, and for further education and professional development.
Nursing program applications must be completed by January 31st to be considered for acceptance in the fall class.
About The School
Nashua Community College (NCC) is a Public, Two-Year Institution in Nashua, New Hampshire, United States. It was established in 1970.
Its former names are New Hampshire Community Technical College and New Hampshire Vocational Technical College. The official school colors are Navy Blue, Privilege Green, and White.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,240
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed application for the program.
- Proof of satisfactory completion of high school algebra, biology, chemistry, and English with a grade of C or better.
- There is a challenge exam available in Biology and Chemistry for those students who have taken either high school or college level biology or chemistry but who did not receive a grade of a “C” or better
- Two professional references, work or education – related. (Forms provided by college)
- Short essay describing the qualities of an ideal nurse (to be completed at Nursing Info session).
- Pre-admission examination: the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) with an adjusted individual score in the following categories: Reading – 73.8% or better, Math – 70.0% or better, Science 52.1% or better and English 63.3% or better.
- The TEAS test evaluates the academic ability of prospective RN students. See atitesting.com for more information about preparing for the test and to register for the TEAS.
- Test scores are valid for two years.
- Ability to meet the Health, Character, and Technical Standards for the ASN program
- ESOL applicants must attain an English proficiency passing standard of 84 with a minimum speaking score of 26 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) as recommended by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
Applicants demonstrating the above requirements will be invited for a personal interview.
Nashua Community College
Address: 505 Amherst St, Nashua, NH 03063
Submit your review
Leave a Reply