- The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing Prelicensure training program is meant for students who wish to enter the profession of nursing and also who do not possess an RN license. They admit highly-qualified pupils in the spring and also fall semesters via a competitive selection process. Graduates of this training program are prepared to take the licensure exam (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse.
- The undergraduate curriculum includes general education courses which provide a base for understanding psychosocial, physiological, economic and also political factors that may have an effect on a person’s health status. Nursing courses prepare the BSN graduate to provide holistic nursing care in various complex environments to be able to improve the optimal health of individuals, families, groups, and also communities.
- The BSN training program is fully certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education along with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
About the school
- Midwestern State University is a public liberal arts institution in Wichita Falls, Texas and an associate of the Council of Public Liberal Arts School, United States. In the year 2015, it had more than 6,000 students. Midwestern is among the four independent public universities in Texas unaffiliated with a state public school system. It is Texas only public liberal arts
- Established in the year 1922 as Wichita Falls Junior College, it was renamed Hardin Junior College in 1937 when it relocated to its current location off Taft Boulevard.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Graduated from an accredited Texas public high school within the two years before the academic year for which admission is sought,
- Submitted a complete application, high school transcripts showing top 10% rank and an SAT or ACT score
- The HESI A2 assessment is required, and results must be submitted to Wilson School of Nursing during the appropriate application period. Scores received after the deadline will not be accepted. Minimum scores for consideration are:
- 80% on Math
- 80% on composite English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Grammar)
- Students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a grade of C or higher in all core and prerequisite courses listed on the degree plan, demonstrating a pattern of academic success prior to admission.
Course Hours (31 total)
- Biology: Anatomy and Physiology I 3
- Biology: Anatomy and Physiology II 3
- Biology: Microbiology 4
- Chemistry 3
- Math 3
- Communication Options 3
- English: Writing & Research 3
- Psychology: General Psych 3
- Psychology: Developmental 3
- Sociology: Intro 3
Address: 3410 Taft Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76308, USA
Submit your review