- The Nursing major includes a chance for registered nurses to complete a Bachelor of Science degree to prepare them for the challenges nurses deal with in the 21st century. Candidates for the RN degree completion training program are registered nurses with a goal for expanded practice opportunities. The training program offers a flexible schedule for working adults that enables them to complete the degree, in some cases, in as little as 18-months.
- Nursing students at MVNU take part in numerous clinical experiences intended to improve critical thinking and also develop competencies in the provision of patient care. Intense and also fast-paced, the program is built to provide the broad knowledge base necessary to create a workforce of professional nurses ready to give top quality care to various patient populations with diverse healthcare problems.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing at Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
About the school
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU) is a non-public Christian liberal arts college situated in Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States of America, with satellite locations in the neighborhood. It was established in 1968 by the Church of the Nazarene as well as offers various Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees to both traditional and also non-traditional pupils. MVNU is home to Cougar Athletics.
- MVNU is among the eight US liberal arts colleges associated with the Church of the Nazarene.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University is the college for the Nazarene East Central Region of the United States of America, which consists of the Northwestern Ohio, North Central Ohio, Southwestern Ohio, Central Ohio, East Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, West Virginia North, and also West Virginia South districts (all Ohio, part of Kentucky, as well as most of West Virginia)
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,270
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Post-Licensure Nursing Admission Requirements
- Current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio
- Graduate of an accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale in all previous college course work for unconditional acceptance. Applicants with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.50 can be admitted on probation.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Complete immunization record
- Evidence of physical and mental ability to perform in the role of student nurse
Prior to Participation in Practicums:
- Criminal background check with no record that would prohibit participation in practicum
- Malpractice insurance
- Drug screening if required by practicum site facility
These items will be arranged through the School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Address: 800 Martinsburg Rd, Mt Vernon, OH 43050, USA
Submit your review